Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite Smoked Salmon (easy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Favorite Smoked Salmon (easy!)

I was in a hurry. I didn’t want to mess with wet brining. So I dry brined fresh Coho salmon (1/2 tsp kosher salt/pound), and gave it a light dusting of garlic powder and black pepper, and a sprinkling of brown sugar. I let it set for 1/2 hour only in the fridge.

I smoked on the low setting (about 165 degrees) on my pellet smoker to 120 internal. Dang! It was very moist. Wonderful salmon flavor. Less hassle than "schmancey salmon" and delicious. I’m not dissing Meathead’s method, and I wouldn’t let it set out for long, but it was quick and delicious.

Click image for larger version  Name:	47BA4232-1B17-469F-864E-FFA2412E4143.jpeg Views:	49 Size:	2.84 MB ID:	810927
    Last edited by Charley Langer; March 3, 2020, 05:40 PM.

That Salmon looks really good!

Comment

Hard to go wrong with salmon

Comment

• Charley Langer
        Charley Langer commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack, and yet I’ve figured out how to mess it up before! 😂 But this was really darn good!

Looks awesome. Super low temp smokes like salmon are where those pellet smokers and electric smokers really shine IMO

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I love me some "Schmancey Salmon" but I may have to give this a try.

Comment

Very nice looking Salmon!

Comment

I'm gonna try a version of this today. Little salt and brown sugar, let it sit in the fridge for about an hour and a half under a little bit of weight. Then smoke as described in your post. Might brush half of it with a little maple syrup occasionally throughout. Will let you know how it goes.

Comment

• DamionMartin
              DamionMartin commented
              Editing a comment
              Turned out great!

You done good!!

Comment

I've done this for the same reason. It works much better with good salmon that has its own flavor. Wild, fresh salmon? Yum. farmed salmon... hit or miss.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here