Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fried calamari Ooooh la-la!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fried calamari Ooooh la-la!!

My all time favorite appetizer.... Fried calamari.
    Heat peanut oil to 400 degrees.

Cleaned and sliced

Seasoned with salt and chipotle powder

Then season AP flour, put that mess in a ziplock bag and shake shake shake.

We ready to fry

Calamari cook in less than two minutes. If you go past that you'll be eating rubber bands

As soon as it comes out of the fryer, hit it with salt and chipotle powder.

Snack time.....

Looks good, any that I have tried have been rubber bands. And I have never seen raw calamari before, looks like plastic.

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      They were probably overcooked.
      I heat my oil to 400 degrees so that the outside can brown quickly without overcooking the inside.
      Raw does look like plastic tubes.

Looks great. Wife & I like to get calamari out quite often. Good stuff.

Comment

Love the idea of adding chipotle powder. Those look great!

Comment

I can already taste them in my mouth with a blue cheese/ranch dip and a cold corona

Comment

Alex Baton don't skip the lemon. We ended up not dipping them, just a squirt of lemon juice

Comment

Ernest You convinced me. I guess you got that marinara just for the picture

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here