Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanksgiving smoked salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanksgiving smoked salmon

My in laws have requested smoked salmon, but for dinner. Problem is I will be driving there (away from my smoker) 2 to 3 hours before dinner. Can I just wrap it in foil and keep it in a cooler? Reheat if necessary in oven? Kinda wanted to avoid that since it will probably overcook the salmon. I leave appetizer salmon out but I think dinner salmon should be hot, or at least warm.

I can also sous vide at their place but they don't have a grill (in laws, right?)

Any suggestions or experience greatly appreciated!

Cook to 120° it will still be a bit rare. Reheat and it shouldn't dry out. Use big thick fillets, not the tail pieces.

Comment

Weber Jumbo Joe??

Comment

Another option would be to go ahead and smoke it, then sous vide at the desired temp at their house. Or you could go to 120* as mentioned above and then sous vide at the desired temp. If you are eating close to your arrival time, have the in laws set up the sv so it will be ready when you get there.
        Last edited by RonB; November 26, 2019, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here