Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lobster Rolls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lobster Rolls!

My wife and I went to Boston for our 7th anniversary, and we had Legal Sea Foods’ lobster rolls twice while we were there. They were unreal good there!

I’m always thinking, how can I do this at home for cheaper. Well, my local Harris Teeter had live lobster on sale for $9.99 a pound, so I had to! I bought 3 lobsters between 1 and 1.25 pounds.

This evening, I got my Gator Pit Jet Burner out and my early Christmas gift of a massive 100 quart stock pot with a steamer basket. Fired it up, and started steaming in about 10 minutes. Plopped the lobsters in and cooked for 11 minutes. Took them out to a bright red! Dissected them on a cutting board, and next time, I’ll have more paper towels b/c they are very juicy! Got the meat out and put them on some hoagie rolls. The hoagie rolls were loaded with lobster meat, but had enough for 4 sandwiches. Enough to enjoy! The ones in Boston were absolutely loaded. This was my first time, so maybe I’d buy another lobster. I just wasn’t sure of the yield.

Tossed in some garlic butter I melted on the stove. Salt. Pepper. Some Parsely. Bingo! They were great! But always room for improvement, right?
    Attached Files

nice pics! wish I had the guts to cook me some lobster like that!

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      BBQ is way harder than those lobster. But, the most labor intensive part was cracking everything open and getting the lobster meat. But with a few YouTube videos, I felt invincible!

Wow, lobster is fantastic cooked fresh. You gonna do a turkey in that pot next?

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      Turkey, chicken, chicken wings, or fries. Those are on my to-do!

Looks good. I like a little Mayo (Dukes) celery, red onion, and black pepper in mine. Sometimes minimalistic is better though!

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      We tried the mayo kind and the hot butter kind, and we preferred the hot butter. Of course, both were good! Just liked the butter better!

Oh man Scott. You nailed this one!!
    betcha those lobstas had no idea how good they were gonna taste.

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      They weren’t too happy 😆 jk jk

Wow, not sure I would venture into that. Kudos to take that on. Looks great.

Being from N.E. Seafood in general is easy to find. I have been to Legal Seafood over the years. Quality, great service, a reputation as a prominent restaurant. Unfortunately, in Western Mass, no establishments.

On another note, if in Boston and you are a fan of seafood : only one goto. No Name. I've added the link. I worked in Boston for 15 years. This was a regular for lunch. Dinner too, with my wife and friends. It's a BYOB place. Literally fisherman boats docked and unloading fresh catch to the kitchen, all being scrutinized as each fish being brought in.

The fish chowder is famous and rightly so. If in Boston and seafood is something that you like, please go here.

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the recommendation! We were pretty close to there (we stayed in Long Wharf) but we loved the speed of Boston so much, that we may go back. It’s a big city, but things were much slower there than NYC (which we did the previous 2 years). And the lobster was so good! Thanks again!

• mountainsmoker
      mountainsmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on the Noname

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here