Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ in Belize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both actually. 😂

I use to go to West Palm Beach for the mini season when I lived in Tampa. Great times. The bugs weren’t nearly as big though.

Comment

troymeister Well I’m talking about lobster, those look absolutely amazing. Haven’t had the spiny version since my time in the keys. Gorge yourself and enjoy !!!

Comment

My wife and I used to eat such big lobsters in India. We've recently returned from Goa island where we went for our honeymoon. We were renting a villa by https://www.goavilla.co.uk/ and I can say we were well satisfied with the grill there, it's something. If I'm not mistaken, it was Outdoorchef Gasgrill Australia. The meat was delicious.

Comment

They look very tasty. Enjoy!!!
          This type of lobster, specifically known as spiny lobster, is prolific or abundant in our FL waters. Most locals refer to them as bugs. Here is one hanging out in a barrel sponge. There is a time of year when they walk or start on a migratory conga line of sorts. They are pretty social in nature, usually hiding under ledges and staying out of site during the day. Nocturnal critters. They like to hang out in groups and usually, when and where there is one, there are several more nearby. BTW, considering you are in Belize, don’t pass on the chance of trying Lionfish, assuming you haven’t tried it. It’s superb eating and you can have it sashimi, or use your grill. You won’t be disappointed.
          Enjoy!!!
          Ricardo
          Click image for larger version

Name:	061BB6D8-A6F0-4F93-84DB-889E5047CFBB.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	777757

Comment

Oh my God how delicious it looks! How did you cook lobsters? Do you take them fresh laid just on the coals? No seasonings and sauces?

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome to The Pitmaster Club. It is great to have you here!

• troymeister
              troymeister commented
              Editing a comment
              lisalewis73 My friend's grill is made out of an old 100 lb butane tank. So the thickness of the coals makes more or less heat. So we put a thinner layer of coals where the lobsters were going to be. We just brushed them with Garlic butter with some cilantro in it...3-4 minutes a side until opaque...thats it...They were delicious.

• lisalewis73
              lisalewis73 commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad to be here!

Very cool! troymeister Thanks for the tip. There's only to find the same cool grill
              Last edited by lisalewis73; December 16, 2019, 01:47 AM.

Good looking eats! I'm starving this morning!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here