Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Alaskan Cod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Alright. I hate raw onions on hamburgers and what not. But I love them cooked down to brown. This afternoon I grabbed a chicken (w/ "grilled" onions, bell pepper) taco from Whataburger. Twas very good with a little Sriracha down the middle. Been under the weather since last night. Not in the mood to cook that's for sure. I'll smoke my last round of sausage tomorrow afternoon. I shouldn't have to get up at 0415 Sat. morning.

• Ernest
    replied
    Milder than sweet or red onions, raw or cooked. I use them in sauces and raw in vinegrettes.
    It's like they are there not there but but they're.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    What does a Shallot give you that a sweet onion won't? Never been around them, that I know of.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    started a topic Sous Vide Alaskan Cod

Sous Vide Alaskan Cod

This was fantastic!!
    Seasoned with sea salt, brushed with garlic and kaffir lime leaf infused ghee.
    Poured a little more ghee in the bag.

Now I normally brine fish for 15 minutes to prevent it from "milking" while cooking. This time I just salted it. I'll go back to brining.

Lightly vacuum sealed. I try not to go full power when vacuum sealing fish.

40 minutes in the hot tub time machine set at 132.

Plated!!
    Served over wilted baby spinach, wine cream sauce and garnished with crispy fried Shallots for texture.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here