Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crab cakes to kill for!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is correct, mine came with both tampers.

Comment

Awesome, will try in the nearest future 100% thank you very much

Comment

This was linked in another thread, but it looks amazing and this recipe deserves a *BUMP!*

Comment

Never saw this one before, thanks for bringing it back. I make crab cakes but never have with the shrimp, great idea. Costco has the Phillips backfin crab meat, the best.

Comment

• Donw
            Donw commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad to hear you like Phillips brand. Brice and Shirley Phillips started out here in Ocean City when they opened a small carryout restaurant that had a whopping total of 4 tables.

Wow this recipe looks like a keeper. DogFaced PonySoldier thanks for reviving it.

Looking at that presentation has convinced me to but ring molds. Ernest now you are costing me money with your great photo presentations.

Comment

I'm glad this topic was bumped.

Homemade crabcakes + homemade remoulade + fried green tomatoes on the side to share the remoulade = yummy yum yum

I just Paprika-ed this recipe. No Paprika back in 2015. Hope to make it as soon as I get my mitts on some good crabmeat.

Kathryn
            Last edited by fzxdoc; July 3, 2022, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              nikolausp its an app that lets you store all your recipes. You know how you go to a site and it’s so full of 💩 that it’s almost impossible to get to the recipe. Well, all you have to do it “download” and it’s all there with no ads or other distractions. You can scale it smaller or larger, you can edit to add your own notes, you can save a link and share.

• nikolausp
              nikolausp commented
              Editing a comment
              I see... I haven't heard of that. So somehow this recipe can be Paprika-ed?

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              nikolausp if there was a recipe, yes. Ernest provided his method. BTW, he is an excellent chef! We are taking away something different from this post, for me, as noted, using shrimp paste as the binder is mind blowing. And ya know what? It worked! I don’t want to hack this thread, if you want to PM me, we can discuss further.

This recipe was posted before I joined so I’m really glad it got bumped up. It looks spectacular. And I love that you don’t use bread crumbs as a filler.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              The cakes were coated in bread crumbs prior to the sauté. Like I mentioned above, the shrimp paste binder seems really cool.

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              SheilaAnn The coating in bread crumbs is totally fine. It will add a crunch to the dish. I’m just happy about not using bread crumbs as the binder.

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              Steve B copy that! And now that I think about it, nothaving bread crumbs as the binder will probably make for even more lighter and delicate crab cake. Can’t wait to give this a try.

Nice bump! Just yesterday we put in our order for 5 lbs of Maryland jumbo lump for our family get together this month. The kids would kill me if I substituted this recipe for their Mom’s recipe but I am going to add an additional pound so we can do a side by side taste test. Who knows, Mom might have a new crab crake recipe next year.

Comment

That looks great!

Comment

Wow! Shrimp paste as a binder! Gotta give that a try.

Comment

Sir Ernest:
                  Thank you! Your posts are always amazing and this great presentation perhaps best of all. Thank you for taking the time to show how we, too, can begin to approximate your great chef skills. Am predicting record sales for Costco crab meat from AR members following this wonderful post. Your note about your respect for food is a great lesson also.

Comment

Really glad this got bumped.

Comment

This recipe looks great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here