Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crab meat thingamajig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crab meat thingamajig

So I had some crab meat leftover from the other day. Every Sunday morning I try to whip up a special breakfast for the family. So here we go. Drained my crab meat. Diced some leeks and red pepper Chopped up some bacon and rendered it until almost crispy. Dumped the leeks, peppers. Thought I'd add a little heat so I added a good pinch of chipotle powder and a pinch of salt Got my lobster stock ready. Added that with a good amount of heavy cream to the bacon mess. Mix that mess up and bring it to a very slight simmer. Take it off the heat and let it cool slightly. Got some croutons that I made from my sandwich bread. Add some lemon zest, squeeze the juice in the skillet with the bacon mess. Here I mixed the bacon and croutons, added one beaten egg. I wanted that mess to be well hydrated and not soggy. Chopped up some tarragon. Added the drained crab meat and mixed Well. Season with extra salt. Pulled out my mini cast iron skillets and divided the mess up. Bake in 400 degrees oven until nicely browned. Topped with soft boiled eggs and hollandaise sauce. Ate these right out of the mini skilletso. Fantastic!

I wish I had that kind of motivation, well done!

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty easy if you don't take cooking as a chore.

Nicely done... Looks tasty.

Comment

Looks fantastic. I wish I liked eggs. Also, I LOVE the BTB Lobster Base. I use it to make my quick and easy rice cooker seafood paella.

DEW

Comment

That's a cool version of Crab Cake Benedict. Very, VERY nice work! You nailed it beautifully.

Comment

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          Much appreciated Strat. I wish I did poached eggs but my wife is not a fan of the glorious runny yolk.

• Strat50
          Strat50 commented
          Editing a comment
          Poach 'em hard then. It took me 5 years to get my wife to eat runny yolks of any kind. Even now, there are some things I make(shakshuka for example) that my wife still likes the yolks more medium to hard. No matter, they are all still good to me!
          Last edited by Strat50; February 9, 2015, 12:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Looks pretty tasty! Nice job.

Comment

That looks amazing Ernest!! My wife really wants me to make this I'm almost certain that I will not find Lobster Base around these parts .. what would you substitute for it?

Comment

Need crab bennies NOW!

Comment

Now I'm hungry...

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here