Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seafood Seasoning for White Fish Filets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bep35
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, Alpine Touch Lemon Pepper.

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    It seems to be Alpine Touch Lemon Pepper

• Dr ROK
    commented on 's reply
    Pic is a bit small to tell, but is that just lemon pepper? That would be great a great addition to a lemon butter baste!

• Dr ROK
    commented on 's reply
    Walleye is my favorite fish! I love it grilled with lemon butter. I cook it on foil that has had several holes punched in it. Baste with lemon butter during the cook and the butter drips through and vaporizes and gives it a light smoked flavor.

• bep35
    replied
    We put this on Walleye. Awesome stuff!

Leave a comment:

• Strat50
    commented on 's reply
    Try marinating in buttermilk or plain yogurt with some seasoning. It is really good with any white meated fish, and takes the "skunk factor" from tilapia, etc., without overpowering their delicate flavor. If you use plain yogurt, you can marinate and go directly to the grill, or, you can use the old standby flour, egg and breading for frying.Try using plain yogurt, thai red curry paste, lime juice and zest, salt and pepper. Then grill. It is excellent. By the way, that's a pretty char you have there in your avatar...

• Spinaker
    replied
    Usually I'm eating Walleye and I cover it with panko and fry it!!! Fresh Walleye is awesome on its own!!

If I'm cooking something like white fish. I always use olive oil, lemon and some black pepper. Sometimes I like to add dill, parsley, basil and a little bit of garlic salt. These last items will help with flavor but be carful not to overpower the fish. I'm not sure on the marinade. Anytime I've done a marinade, it always comes through way to strong and I can't taste my fish. Hope this gives you a starting point.

Good Luck!!

-John

Leave a comment:

• The Burn
    replied
    With tilapia, I do Baja-Style Fish Tacos with a marinade. Should work with any white fish (and works with Mahi-Mahi too)

Leave a comment:

• jlazar
    started a topic Seafood Seasoning for White Fish Filets

Seafood Seasoning for White Fish Filets

Today I took a couple of skinless Cod filets, sprinkled lightly with some rib rub, placed in a rib rack and cooked in the WSM with cherry wood at 225 for 1 hour. Removed at 140-145. The fish was moist and didn't have too much smoke flavor. However, it could have used more seasoning or possibly a marinade. Sprinkling the rub on really didn't add much.

What do you folks use for seasoning when cooking white fish? I am looking for something flavorful but not spicy. Already use the brown sugar recipe for salmon so I would also like something not too sweet. Is a marinade the way to go?

Thanks, John

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here