Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Orleans Po Boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Orleans Po Boy

While I live in California, my son went to Tulane University. I have been all across the United States and have yet to find a city with the taste of New Orleans. Although he left he returned for his wedding. I purposely lose 10 lbs before visiting because I go back to over-indulge. Meathead's very simple Po Boy recipe does a great job of capturing the flavor. If you don't want it in a sandwich - do the grilling of the ingredients and put them in a Jambalaya. Give it a rating if you have tried it. If you haven't, give it a try:

Savory New Orleans BBQ shrimp and spicy Andouille sausage are the stars of the show in this recipe for a grilled po boy. Served on crusty French style bread and packed full of meat and/or seafood, the po' boy sandwich is a New Orleans staple and our Barbecue Shrimp & Andouille Po-Boy twist is surely an instant classic.

You are talking about my hometown. Southern Living had an article recently on a porboy tour. if you take it you might need to lose 20 pounds. LOL

Comment

Amen! Other than family, the great food of NOLA and the Mississippi Gulf Coast are what I miss still after 25 years living away from there. I would be hard pressed to pick my favorite po-boy, but you can't go wrong with a half shrimp half oyster po-boy (fried, of course.)

Comment

Living here in Houston we can get our hands on some pretty good Po Boys. There are lots of NOLA natives running restaurants here. I think you just helped me decide one what to do for lunch.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Oyster Po Boy for me!

Oh great! Now I'm getting hungry again

Comment

Good thing Pizza Hut just showed up.

Comment

It's all in the bread they use in New Orleans. Best shrimp poboy's in the world..always "fully dressed"

Comment

Perfect Gameday sandwich.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here