Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow perch, vortex and kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow perch, vortex and kettle

My favorite fish Yellow perch cooked over the vortex in the wok. Lightly seasoned flour, fresh eggs from this morning and panko bread crumbs. Used kingsford professional Click image for larger version  Name:	20180801_193542.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.81 MB ID:	541501Click image for larger version  Name:	20180801_193551.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.43 MB ID:	541502Click image for larger version  Name:	20180801_193600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.09 MB ID:	541503
    Last edited by customtrim; August 1, 2018, 06:39 PM.

Beautimous!
    Are th coals outlyin th Vortex lit too?, or jus waitin fer their next assignment, from last time?

Comment

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      They were from last cook just lying around

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks customtrim ; that's what S2 analysis had passed to me, after extensive studyin th recon photos, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missin a hidden in plain sight "Secret Trick/Technique!

Yea same question, did you need the extra coals? Been wanting to try a wok with the vortex, what kind of heat in the wok?

By by the way, nice fish !!! You know I’m lovin’ That !!!

Comment

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      I lit another chimney just in case but did not use. My vortex is for my kamado (18 inch) so it was a little slow to heat up. You do have to have space between it and the wok for air flow. I heated the oil to 350

Fantastic! A nice wok and a Vortex are now on the short list.

Comment

Excellent!!

Comment

That looks delicious!!! How do you control the heat to keep your oil in the frying range?

Comment

• customtrim
          customtrim commented
          Editing a comment
          I heated the oil to 350 using the mk4 when you add the fish. It will drop off let it rise back up and start again if it starts getting to hot move the pan off of the vortex some

• BBQ_Steve-O
          BBQ_Steve-O commented
          Editing a comment
          That makes sense.

I've been thinking hard about getting a Vortex to use with my rotisserie anyway, so this just pushed me over the edge. Thanks!

That looks great.

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Nice. I gotta start using my Poortex more. Never would have thought of deep frying fish like that. Now I probably won't be able not to.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here