Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mom’s Day Grilled Salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mom’s Day Grilled Salmon

My wife requested salmon "the way my dad used to make it" for Mother’s Day lunch, so I gave it the ol’ college try. I was lucky enough to find Copper River sockeye salmon filets on sale at The Fresh Market for $11.99/lb. They get marinaded for an hour in this:

1/2 cup olive oil
    1/2 cup lemon juice
    4 green onions sliced
    3T fresh parsley minced
    1/2 tsp fresh rosemary
    1/2 tsp salt

There wasn’t really any guidance other than that marinade recipe, so I decided to go presentation side down, then flip, on the grill grates over the SNS. Ended up doing about 3 min per side. She liked it (or at least ate it all and said she did, god bless her), but my kiddo and I thought the char taste was borderline too heavy and the thin parts of the filet were dry. I’d like to try Meatheads recipe for Schmancy Hot Smoked Salmon next time. But for today, as long as The Mom in our house is happy that’s all that matters.

To further help that along, she did get to unwrap a few accoutrements for her new 6qt Instapot Ultra: the glass lid, the Springform Bundt Pan, and 2 steamer baskets. She’s really getting excited about that thing, and we even sold our old crockpot, pressure cooker and steamer at our neighborhood garage sale this weekend - win!

Happy Mother’s Day to all of you filling that role today!
    Attached Files

Nice job with the salmon. That is a good price for Copper River, you need to go buy that up!!!

Comment

That looks awesome. Its been a long time since i did salmon on the grill. Usually its either hot smoked or baked/poached in butter and lemon. I cannot recommend the schmancy salmon highly enough.

Comment

• FishTalesNC
        FishTalesNC commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks grantgallagher, I wish it was as good as it looks. Think I need to take the advice of Troutman and go buy more of the CR, and then as you said try the schmancy salmon recipe. Maybe I can convert my wife to a new way of doing salmon!

• grantgallagher
        grantgallagher commented
        Editing a comment
        FishTalesNC It converted my wife.I usually do it wrapped in foil with slits cut in the salmon stuffed with butter and lemon. Its amazing but now she always wants the hot smoke

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here