Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crawfish Boil (Yum)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawfish Boil (Yum)

Here are some pics from our crawfish boil this past weekend. 30 lbs crawfish.... California Style!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crawfish Live.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	480808

Name:	stirring crawfish.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	480809

Name:	Crawfish Boil Pic.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	480810

That's a huge pile of craw for 6 people and the photographer. I'd love to taste craw.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
      HorseDoctor commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're gonna boil "mudbugs", ya might as well make enough to have leftovers. LOVE me some crawfish pie!!!

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      holehogg, you might be shocked at how fast you can go through a big pile of them, considering how much of each crawfish you throw away. And it's hard to stop eating them once you get on a roll.

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      i use leftovers to stuff pork loin with jack cheese, jalepenos, and boudan. season with creole seasoning, wrap in bacon, and grill. Bugs are good soooooo many ways. Crawfish cornbread comes to mind too! Ettuffe, dirty rice, crawfish cornbread stuffing... I can goon like bubba gump..

Didja suck da heads? LOL

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Willie, Stop When the Eyes of The DitchBug Cross‼️ Dan

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      pinch their tail, and suck the head...

Triple B BBQ, Last Time I Was at a DitchBug Cook That Size, I Was With a Bunch of CoonAsses in Lake Charles LA‼️ Here in the Barren and Still Frozen Northland , I Ocassionally Make Up My Version of a Low
    Country Boil❓ That Looks Great‼️
    Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	480834Click image for larger version

Views:	166
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	480835Click image for larger version

Views:	164
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	480836

Comment

Well we call them MUD bugs here in Texas and that little bitty pile in the photo would feed maybe one of us !!! Only kidding, looks like there was a great feast for all !!!

Comment

Dang! What a feast! Looks fantastic

Comment

Those mud bugs are very popular here in Sweden. We always serve schnapps to go with the crawdads.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            Henrik, I Haven't Had A Sniff of Scnapps For Nigh On 50 Yrs❓ Used To Carry a Pint or Two When Snow Mobiling, @ -30* F❗️ Warmed The Soul and Any Other Exposed Parts‼️ Dan

Originally posted by Willy View Post
          Didja suck da heads? LOL
          You betcha!

Comment

Oh man! I'm just over in Altadena and didn't get my invitation

Seriously, can I ask where you got the crawfish?

Comment

• HorseDoctor
              HorseDoctor commented
              Editing a comment
              Not sure where TripleB sourced his, but my good friends Joy & David at http://www.lacrawfish.com will do you right!!! Tell them "Salmon Slayer" sent ya...

• theroc
              theroc commented
              Editing a comment
              Excellent. Thanks!

• TripleB
              TripleB commented
              Editing a comment
              Louisiana Crawfish Company. Overnight delivery, right to your house. Saturday delivery too!

Bugs, corn, andouiie sausage, and mushrooms. ok... gonna break out the pot soon!

Comment

Killer!!! I am doing this for our work party, this fall. Might have to pick your brain!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                Danjohnston949 commented
                Editing a comment
                Spinaker, I'll Bring a "Copy of the Modified Recipe" I Use For The Low Country Boil That I Use, This Weekend❗️ Dan

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                Good call, Spinaker! There are lots of ways to do this, and it is definitely the easiest meal you can cook for a crowd.

I love crawfish boils and low country boils. Where do you get your crawfish?

I like making ettouffe with leftover tails.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here