Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Way To Cook A Lobster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Way To Cook A Lobster?

For the first time in my life, I am going to buy a couple live lobsters and cook them. What is the best way to do this? I'm not looking to get fancy like, say, lobster thermidor or newburg; just looking to properly cook and eat basic lobster, likely with a butter sauce or some such.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      I do like it grilled (or sauteed in a pan, or baked, or ....). You get the drift. Kenji has a good approach here, which is basically oven and so adaptable to outdoor cookers: https://www.evernote.com/l/AKJRfd7jE...h8vX6kkz38o1c0

That'd be the "roasting" method.

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the idea! I'm thinking one on the grill and one in SV. And lots of melted butter! Then, the next day is lobster bisque.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Just be sure to let us know how it turns out!

Another way that turns out great is pan-roasted: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...oasted-lobster

There are a lot of variations on this one.

Classic New England way is to boil or steam....try here for details. https://lobsteranywhere.com/cooking-lobster/
    Or check in the Tested Recipes here for grilling lobster.

Comment

As an expensive ingredient, I kind of prefer the Can't Eff It Upness of SV.

Comment

• Willy
        Willy commented
        Editing a comment
        I LIKE the way you're thinking about this. I'd hate to screw it up.

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, it comes out fantastic. Not that grilling doesn't... Plancha would be my second choice... flip side of a grillgrate.

• Willy
        Willy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the SV idea. I'm pretty much settled on one in SV and one on the grill, followed the next day by a lobster bisque.

boiling water or steam...maybe a little garlic in the butter

Comment

Butter poach and and SWMBO's favorite. Lobster ravioli in an extra light cream or Alfredo sauce.

Comment

I prefer boiled to grilled. Just a personal preference. SV sound interesting though.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here