Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 Year Anniversary Meal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 Year Anniversary Meal

I'm thinking cedar planked salmon surrounded with garlic mashed potatoes, and bay scallops shingled on top with a garlic dill butter along with butter poached lobster tails and rubeye steak. Grilled asparagus on the side? Ideas?

I think a good thick ribeye, asparagus, and taters will be fine for me. Save the Seafood for the day after!

Comment

This might help:

https://amazingribs.com/more-techniq...sting-planking

The take-a-way on this is to only use a plank for serving...
      Last edited by RonB; December 11, 2017, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm aware it's for aesthetics only.

Dang! Whadya gonna do for your ten year? All sounds good to me. Smoked plank salmon is really good.

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Thinking a trip to Scotland for number 10.

• Mudkat
        Mudkat commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely need pics of that!

I really love this recipe. It is a wonderful salmon treat. I always use Atlantic Salmon for this, I think it tastes better than sockeye, for this recipe.

Comment

All that for a 7 year anniversary? I'd save that for the 10th and go with wieners and beans from a can for the 7th.

Sorry, I don't mean to knock your idea, I'm sure your wife will love it. It's just that I've been married for so long that I've finally figured out that the only really important anniversaries all end in 5th (5th, 15th, 25th etc) or in 0th (10th, 20th, 30th etc).

Aside from those the rest can be handled with a rose from a local gas station or if you really want to splurge, a cheap bouquet from a grocery store. No need to set precedents now that you'll have to adhere to later in life.

Comment

• bardsleyque
          bardsleyque commented
          Editing a comment
          well said!

That all sounds wonderful to me! I apparently need to up my game for my Anniversary! 😁

Comment

• bardsleyque
          bardsleyque commented
          Editing a comment
          see ribeyeguy's answer

Sounds good to me. Happy Anniversary!

Comment

They were out of cedar planks, so it will be seared and served on a cast iron griddle.

Comment

There are many ways to do salmon but only one way to do a marriage. Reaching number 7 says you got that recipe right. Happy Anniversary and many, many more.

Comment

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you. She's a winner, all 27 years of her.

A grand and wonderful plan. I've been around a while myself, and I'd say snatch victory any time you have the opportunity!

Comment

It'll be year thirty for us in June! My daughter got married in October. She wore my wife's wedding dress. The same wedding dress was my wife's grandmothers. Four generations, three brides in one dress. Pretty cool!

Anyway Happy Anniversary texastweeter !

Comment

As promised
                Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ohmygoodness!

• Mudkat
                  Mudkat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Holy smokes! Great meal!

• Pirate Scott
                  Pirate Scott commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You da man! Congrats on Lucky 7 too!

Big tip of the Stetson on this one!

Comment

• texastweeter
                  texastweeter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you sir

Fabulous!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here