Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salmon coldsmoked with A-maze-n coldsmoke generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salmon coldsmoked with A-maze-n coldsmoke generator

I’ve just bought this A-MAZE-N tube pellets smoke-generator and doing a testrun..
    I’m coldsmoking a salmon (again)..
    The one thing I’ve noticed is that the A-MAZE-N tube generate more heat than the Weber coldsmoke-generator so I had to move the salmon from the kettlegrill and over to my WSM so I could keep the temperature low enough.. The temp outside was 5-7C (41-44.6 F) and the temp inside my kettle was almost at 40 C/104F.. That made me change to my WSM to finish up the coldsmoking in that.
    So my experience and advice would be to have a large enough kettle/grill/smoker if you are gonna use this A-MAZE-N tube..
    The salmon ended up just excellent.. Took about 5hrs and 30min..
    I’ll do a A-MAZE-N tube vs Weber coldsmoke-generator later..
    Shop for wood pellet grills, smokers, and griddles. Try new recipes and learn about our 8-in-1 grill versatility. Our grills help you craft BBQ recipes to perfection.

Thanks for watching!

Man, I can smell/taste that smoked salmon from here, Brother!!!
    Great job! Fine tutorial, as well!
    Have a Great Weekend, Elton!

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mr. Bones and have a nice weekend yourself!
      Cheers

Great tutorial Elton! I hope that beautiful Shepherd got to have a piece of your salmon.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yessire she did.. and thanks!

Just an FYI, Meathead discourages cold smoking. Read why, in this article.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course, I follow strict hygenic principles when making cold-smoked salmon.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you. We just want to make sure people are safe while cooking. Elton's BBQ

Thanks for steering me over to this from my post, I appreciate it. Great video -

Comment

Any ideas on smoking salmon on big green egg...I’ve been wanting to do it but clueless

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	22CBDFAE-3388-4704-954C-DCA5FB92115F.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.35 MB ID:	573252 I tried it ...hot smoke. Walked away with a steady temp but came out a lil dry. But damn good. Will do it again.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good!

Thanks for the video Elton's BBQ . I especially like the Aass Ale. Anything with a little ass in it works well for me

Comment

You are welcome Troutman

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here