Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have altered my method, slightly. Now I only smoke to 125 f, then broil. After marinading I shift through the bags after the fish is removed, and scoop up the garlic and ginger pieces. I deposit it on the fish before the smoke. They stay on during the broil.
    Attached Files

Comment

Everyone's recipes sound awesome; I will definitely give many of them a try.

Would also note Meathead's "The Only Fish Rub Recipe You Will Ever Need," i.e., "Marietta's Fish Rub," as an awesome staple for salmon, wild OR farmed, when served "simple and basic" with only some cherry wood smoke:

This Marietta's fish rub recipe is a delicious blend of herbs designed to make BBQ and grilled fish shine. Whatever fish is your pleasure, this flavor enhancing herb mix is not the only fish rub in the ocean, but it is sure to become your favorite after giving it a try.

The filets are super easy to handle on a piece of folded baking parchment and for transport in and out of the smoker.

I attempt somewhat heavy smoke at low temps and go to approx 120 degrees (prob slightly on the MR side), then off the grid, and rest for a little carryover. As soon as filets are back to near-room temp, then cover with plastic wrap and into the fridge (overnight seems best). The overnight rest in the fridge seems to really "finish" the smoke, and then a little squeeze of fresh lemon before serving next day adds much more than the sum of the parts.

This is always enjoyed by guests and for special occasion "smoked salmon gifting."

Thanks to Meathead and Team for this recipe that so many have enjoyed so much!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here