Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burned my nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burned my nuts

Tried something different, Ahi Tuna sous vide. Cooked the tuna steaks for 30 minutes at 115 degrees with olive oil and salt and pepper. Then coated the steaks with crushed pecans and seared them in a pan with butter. Definitely a keeper, but would like to improve on the pecan crusting and how to sear without burning some of them. Any suggestions for doing that?

Well, you definetly caught my attention with your title. I'' just glad you are safe & sound.

Comment

I was going to tell you to apply butter to your burned nuts, but I see you already did that. My job here is done.

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        hahaha

Dont sear your nuts That's all I can tell ya.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
        HorseDoctor commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, toast them ahead of time and press seared tuna into toasted & crushed pecans just before serving.

Originally posted by Jon Solberg View Post
      Dont sear your nuts That's all I can tell ya.
      Ok I'll try that next time.

Comment

I was gonna suggest standing further away from your grill.

Comment

Apron. Definitely wear an apron from now on.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here