Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juniper hotsmoked Salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juniper hotsmoked Salmon

Doing a juniper and hickory smoked salmon
    Ingredients:
    1/2 cup of gin
    1 salmon filet (boneless) with skin
    4 tbs juniperberrys (devided in 2)
    2 ts black peppercorn
    200 grams (7oz) of brown sugar
    1/2 cup of seasalt
    some oil
    2-3 chunks of pecan/hickory

Pour the gin over the salmon and let it marinate for 30'ish minutes in the fridge.
    Mix juniper and peppercorns in a morter and crush them.
    Mix sugar and salt , add the pepper and juniper
    pour 1/3 of the curing mix into a tray.
    After 30 min take the salmon out and dry it off. and lay the filet into the tray skinside down.
    Cover the salmon with the curing mixture, cover it and decide if you want to cure in room temp for 4 hrs or coldcure it for 12 hrs. (i coldcured it)
    When the curing is done rinse the filet good under running water.
    Wipe the fish dry and let is rest/dry on a tray for1-2 hrs.
    Fire up the WSM, add hickory/pecan chunks and let it get to the temp..
    and the filet and smoke it for 2 hrs ish at temp between 95-125c / 200-257f
    Add soked juniperberris into the firechamber for adding more flavor to the salmon.
    When it's done let it rest for5-10 minutes before enjoying it.

A potatosalad goes well with this hotsmoked salmon.

I sure hope you guy's give this a try, coz this is good eating!

Cheers from Norway

Sounds heavenly!

Comment

Sounds pretty good. I just had some pan-fried salmon yesterday and today. My main ingredient was salt in the form of dry-brining. OK , that was the only ingredient.

Comment

Very similar to what I use for Bluefish, except for the gin and juniper berries. I'll have to try this!

Comment

Pleas do try it out.. It's very good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here