Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orange-Chipotle Shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange-Chipotle Shrimp

SHRIMP WITH ORANGE-CHIPOTLE HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE

2 pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked as you like. I prefer smaller shrimp, say 20-35-ish in size
    1 1/2 cups Orange Chipotle Honey-Mustard Sauce
    Toss the shrimp and sauce (below) together to combine well and serve the shrimp warm. If you like, heat the shrimp briefly with the sauce in a skillet to provide a more glaze-like consistency

Orange Chipotle Honey-Mustard Sauce

Yield: 1 1/2 cups
    1 6-ounce can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
    2 to 3 tablespoons chipotle chiles and juice from a 7 -ounce can of Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce
    2 tablespoons honey
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, packed
    2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
    2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
    Place all sauce ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.

By the way, I consider this to be finger food. Use some nice crusty bread to sop up the excess sauce and have a cold beer close by. It is spicy.
    Last edited by Willy; August 6, 2016, 03:24 PM.

Willy, I am going to owe you a whole Cook Book! I may have to sneak up on the Chipotle Chiles and Adobe Sauce! I have only used Chipotle Powder once, I liked the flavor but Chile Peppers grow slowly up here close to Canada!
    Thanks Again!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully, you can find the canned chipotles, which are excellent IMHO. Cut back on the amount if heat ain't your thing. BTW, the recipe is basically finger food.

I'm gonna try to post a bunch more of my favorites as time permits.

Great recipe I'll definitely use. Thanks for posting your recipes!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here