Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seafood deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seafood deluxe

I thought I'd treat myself today, I found some really nice Arctic Char in my store. It is like a trout, very nice fish.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3475.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	15994

I stuffed it with lots of thyme and lemon, and dressed it with plenty of lemon and flaked salt. I used a string to hold it all together.

Name:	IMG_3476.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	15995

Name:	IMG_3477.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	15999

After that I just placed it on my rec tec grill mat, and then on the grate. I smoked it at 300 deg F, until inner temp was 125 deg F.

Name:	IMG_3479.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	15998

I usually make risotto when I serve fish, so I made an asparagus risotto to go with the char. Nice and creamy, with plenty of parmesan in it.

Name:	IMG_3481.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	15997

I can highly recommend this one, it was a great meal!

Attached Files

Those rec tec mats, are those Frog Mats? I have some, they work great for smoking fish.

So how much of that on the plate gets eaten, and digested, and absorbed??
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; September 6, 2014, 01:14 PM. Reason: Forgot a stinkin' "?" mark. ugghhhh

Comment

Yes, I believe they are known as frog mats. Really smart (and cheap), plus you can put them in the dishwasher. Regarding what to eat: I would calculate 1 fish for 2 people. You remove the head, tail and skin. Or actually just leave it "on". The skin peels off super easily, so you just eat the meat until you hit the back bone, then either pull the whole backbone entirely off, and continue eating, or just flip the fish over. This works well with all fish. You could do the skinning and deboning beforehand, but I really like the "whole fish" presentation.

Comment

Where I am from "presentation" goes out the window. We sometimes fried smaller catfish whole, after gutting/eviscerating, of course. I prefer filet's myself.

Comment

Looks great Henrik! Very nice photos, and thanks for putting them in there BIG!
          I love risotto!

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            How do you put big photos on here?

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! Yeah, I finally figured out how to work the attachments. The left hand button wouldn't allow pics bigger than 800px. Same thing when posting links, use the button in the "toolbar" instead, it is way easier.

@DWCowles, use the attachment icon, upper right of every comment box, next to the "A", it looks like a clipboard with a paper clip. You can check out out picture posting tips here, which walks you through it.

Thanks for asking!

Comment

Ok, Thanks

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here