Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lobster Bisque Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lobster Bisque Recipe

MarkD INGREDIENTS
      • Ingredients:
      • 4 lobster carcasses
      • 2 onions rough chopped
      • 4 pcs celery rough chopped
      • 4 carrots chopped
      • 4 cloves garlic rough minced
      • 1/4 cup olive oil
      • 1 small can of tomato paste
      • 1 cup white wine
      • 2 cups duck stock (or chicken stock)
      • 1 1/2 quarts of water
      • 1/2 cup half and half
      • 2 tsp thyme
      • 2 tbsp oregano
      • 2 tbsp seafood seasoning (Montreal, Old Bay, Weber, etc...)
      • 2 tbsps hot pepper flakes
      • kosher salt
      • pepper
      • lobster meat (1 pkg of mini frozen shrimp is what I had on hand)
      • 1 stick butter
      • 8 tbsps flour
    INSTRUCTIONS
    • Instructions for the lobster stock:
      • In a large pot:
      • Sweat onions, carrots, celery and garlic until almost soft. (about 10 minutes) While sweating, add thyme, oregano, seafood seasoning, 2 tbsps of kosher salt and pepper to taste.
      • After veggies are almost soft, add white wine and reduce by half.
      • Add lobster shells and tomato paste and heat with high heat being careful not to burn the tomato paste. Add 1 1/2 quarts of water, duck stock, more salt, pepper to taste and 1/2 of pepper flakes. Simmer for 2 to 3 hours.
    • For the bisque:
      • Let the lobster stock cool. Then strain in a fine sieve. Reserve the strained liquid in a separate container. Discard all of the shells and remaining solids.
      • In the same pot used to sweat the vegetables, melt the 1 stick of butter and whisk in the flour to make a roux. Keep whisking the roux until it is a peanut butter color and consistency.
      • Whisk in about 2 cups of lobster stock so there are no lumps and forms a paste-like consistency. Slowly whisk in the rest of the stock. Bring to a simmer. In a separate saucepan, heat the half and half to almost a boil and slowly whisk that into the simmering bisque. Add the rest of the pepper flakes. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
      • Taste to add final seasoning. (Salt, pepper, more pepper flakes,seafood seasoning)
      • Simmer for 20 minutes more.
      • Remove from heat and add the lobster meat or whatever seafood meat you have on hand. Let rest for 15 minutes and serve.

Last edited by troymeister; January 20, 2016, 11:36 AM.

I remember my parents making Crawfish bisque for Easter. They started weeks ahead of time.

Comment

Thank you troymeister

Comment

Great share! Thanks TM

Comment

troymeister, Thanks a Million for the Bisque Recipe! For years generally on Christmas Eve I boil up what I call a Seafood Gumbo? 1500 Miles to the closest Salt Water in Any Direction! So my Victums aren't too critical! It will be good to have a tried and true recipe!
          Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Has anyone substituted Lobster Paste if you want to make a quicker version?

Comment

I love me some lobster Bisque.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here