Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stripers 3 Ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stripers 3 Ways

Our recent trip to Havasu were had a decent catch of stripers. Having friends over tonight for my traditional 3 prep cook. I do some in the pan over a bed of bell peppers, onions and white wine. Next is breaded and pan fried. The last prep is Cajun baked. That's the way its always been and everybody enjoys it. Any last minute suggestions to an addition?

I’ll be honest I didnt read that as stripers….

Comment

• Greygoose
      Greygoose commented
      Editing a comment
      This ^

• captainlee
      captainlee commented
      Editing a comment
      One way to get attention on this forum !!!!!

• Starsky
      Starsky commented
      Editing a comment
      Me either

Disregard my comment that I was about to make, I realized there's only one p in the word.

Comment

Yeah, I too really read that title wrong and had to do a double take. Boy for me it's hard to beat fish and some form of fried taters. Or if you're doing tacos with the Cajun baked one, maybe a fruit salsa, mango might be awfully stereotypical with fish tacos but man it works. I love the idea of having it 3 ways, all bases and preferences covered.

Comment

Well, I actually read the title correctly. At least there is one mind on here that’s not in the gutter! 😜🤣 Also we used to have our share of rockfish in the Chesapeake Bay, which is of course a type of striped bass. All three of your preps sound good to me. Why mess with a winning formula?

Comment

• captainlee
          captainlee commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations !!!!

Blackened striper is incredible. It has to be done outdoors because of the smoke. Blackening seasoning can be very spicy or mild, either way it’s good. Our way is most likely not the gourmet way. We cover the filets in squeeze butter, then roll in the seasoning, then its on to some very hot cast iron. I have a Lodge cash iron pizza stone that works good as does a #12. Wagner skillet. As long as you don’t run out of beer people will eat this until there is none left. I’ve seen men eat 2 lbs of this apiece.

Comment

• captainlee
          captainlee commented
          Editing a comment
          Lake Havasu

• captainlee
          captainlee commented
          Editing a comment
          Your way is the best method, just too much going on with the other preps so for this meal i just bake it in a very hot oven on preheated sizzle platters. I let the seasoning do the rest.

• Smoked Transistors
          Smoked Transistors commented
          Editing a comment
          Love Lake Havasu in the summertime! The London Bridge is a fun cruise under on a boat sipping cocktails.

Ohh...this is about fish...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here