Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody eat canned sardines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Oscar Skinless & Boneless Spanish Style sardines on crackers make a great lunch!

Comment

I buy Seasons, King, and other brands - whatever Publix,Kroger,Sams may have at the time.

I enjoy those with mustard sauce, tabasco, and olive oil. If I can't get any of those, I have the ingredients at home to remedy the situation.

I might need to try a can (olive oil) with an avocado someday.

Comment

Sardines in oil on matzoh with a peaty single malt scotch, neat, close at hand, and husband by my side. The perfect cocktail hour.

Kathryn

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Awe.......

Not gonna lie, I am surprised we have so many Sardine fans. Usually when I mention them to people, they look at me like I have 3 eyes.

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Shoot, so many sardine fans? I been eatin sardines since you were knee high to…. Er… my knee mebbee. 🕶

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Same. It amazes me the folks that don't like them, or *think* they don't like them. I tell them it's canned tuna with a little more realism and attitude.

Just in. It’ll keep me a bit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8111D38B-5D40-4D73-9B13-96BB38853284.jpg Views:	32 Size:	150.9 KB ID:	1327506

Comment

Sardines, an excellent snack. I think it’s a safe bet those that like sardines like eating raw blue point oysters. If you’ve never had raw blue point oysters those are GREAT!
          Scott’s Oyster bar in Amarillo has blue points. They’re a GOOD aphrodisiac, believe me on that cause they’re high in zinc!

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Love oysters, smoked, raw, you name it. And sardines.

Because of this thread, I went out and got some. Had not eaten them in a while. Can't beat sardines and crackers.

Comment

Wife won’t kiss me if I eat them, but I get a hunger about me.
            Attached Files

Comment

They are a staple in my go-bag and to take camping as a back up. Mustard is my favorite, but hot sauce is good too, for me.

Comment

I like the ones with jalapeno pepper slices. - Perfect with some crackers.

Comment

I'm not to fond of sardines, but i am a sucker for canned mackerel in tomato sauce...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here