Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fish Casserole, Who Dunit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other day I saw a fish casserole on here. I was neck and shoulders into a bottle of Texas bourbon, and I can't for the life of me remember or find it. Can the poster please shoot me the recipe? I wanna give it a shot in my smoker Friday. Thank you in advance.

Are you looking for this?
    Summer's here! Time to upgrade to..... Show Us What You're Cooking Volume 26, Summer 2022! Here's a link to the past SUWYC 25 (Spring 2022) https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/food-recipes-techniques-show-us-what-youre-cooking/show-tell/1193051-show-us-what-you-re-cooking-suwyc-volume-25-spring-2022 NEW: Want even more

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, that's it, thanks!

(Not my post BTW) Looks good

Comment

Gonna have this Friday. Thinking king salmon, channel cat, and largemouth bass as my fish selection (have all 3 in freezer). 58limited, any tips or suggestions?

Comment

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like a good selection. As I mentioned in my post in SUWYC I cube it up, lightly season with S&P, add some finely diced onion (I used a cheese grater), and enough heavy cream to coat the fish. Plus some sliced or diced butter to melt in as it cooks. I used buttered and toasted Panko as the topping this time but usually just use buttered plain bread crumbs to top with a light dusting of Parmesan cheese.

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        I baked it at 375 degrees until the fish was done - I covered mine with foil but the fish oozes enough liquid that I'm not sure that is necessary - and browned under the broiler when done. Pretty easy. When I first had this at a restaurant I thought this would be easy to reproduce and it was, got it my first try.

Fish Casserole? Sounds like something to be tossed back to the fishes..

Comment

don't forget the cheese.

fish + cheese = winning combination!

Comment

Fish Casserole, I flounder over the thought of it. Fish casserole must have smelt and leaves me all clammy.
          Tell me your thoughts just for the halibut.

​

Comment

​It wasn't me. Just so you know.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here