Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bourbon citrus glazed salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bourbon citrus glazed salmon

This was cooked on my PBC

Wow, I love grilled salmon, there's so many different ways you can make it. How was it?

Comment

• ronron240z
      ronron240z commented
      Editing a comment
      Ive had to make more. The family ate it all up second one is on the smoker now

Looks great! Would you share your recipe please? Thanks.

Comment

• ronron240z
      ronron240z commented
      Editing a comment
      Brine 3/4 cup cold water 1/4 cub Boubon 1TBS kosher salt 1TBS brown sugar 1/2 tsp onion powder 1/2 tsp black pepper 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon tsp thyme brine for 1 hour

Smoke at 250 untill 140 internal temp

Glaze 3tbsp honey 1 tbsp orange juice zest of one orange 1 tsp of boubon thyme
      Glaze the last 15 min of cook.

I also cooked on a cedar plank

Hope you enjoy

I don't know if this is allowed here (might be construed as advertising) so please delete it if I'm out of line. My wife and I are members of this salmon source: http://sitkasalmonshares.com/ and I can't say enough good stuff about them. It's limited to the Midwest and fairly expensive but it truly is as fresh caught as fresh caught gets, the difference between store bought and this is unbelievable. If you're in their limited delivery area I'd highly recommend trying one of their programs.

Comment

• ronron240z
      ronron240z commented
      Editing a comment
      Im on the west coast but thanks anyway

This looks GREAT! Going to try it as soon as we can find some salmon. For some reason we are having trouble finding fresh caught salmon of late.

Comment

ronron240z Do you put on the glaze at 140°F or do you estimate the 15 minutes when it hits, say, 135°F

Comment

estimate the time

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here