Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any fishermen here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    WOW!!!!!!!!

• SierraBBQGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by rodkeary View Post
    I had the opportunity to go sturgeon fishing back in September. First time ever for me and it was one of the best days ever. They are a protected species so it was catch & release and as such, I cannot offer any smoking/grilling advice. Apparently you can buy farmed sturgeon but I've never tried it. These beautiful creatures are STRONG and jump completely out of the water. My arms took days to recover. It was an amazing experience and I have nothing but the utmost respect for these river behemoths. Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1131295
    Incredible!

Leave a comment:

• rodkeary
    replied
    I had the opportunity to go sturgeon fishing back in September. First time ever for me and it was one of the best days ever. They are a protected species so it was catch & release and as such, I cannot offer any smoking/grilling advice. Apparently you can buy farmed sturgeon but I've never tried it. These beautiful creatures are STRONG and jump completely out of the water. My arms took days to recover. It was an amazing experience and I have nothing but the utmost respect for these river behemoths. Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1131295

Leave a comment:

• ssennott
    replied
    I mostly fly fish for trout here in the New England Burt hit the coast for Stripers a couple of times a year and everything is fun on aa fly rod.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Nice pic đź‘Ť

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    I think the perch was the best catch of the bunch!

• Oak Smoke
    commented on 's reply
    Let me recommend a trip to Venice Louisiana. If you want to stay close the redfish and trout are abundant. If you want the thrill of a lifetime book an offshore guide to take you yellow fin tuna fishing. They will leave you with arms that are so tired you’ll have to set for a bit.

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    I know which one was on vacation! NICE!

• Old Glory
    replied
    Love fishing. Stripers and Tuna in the salt and bass up north in Maine. A few on vacation as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	188678_1007749167591_8052_n.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	1130881 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7948.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	1130886 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4322.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	1130889 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1476.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	1130888 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8038.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	1130884 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0821.jpeg
Views:	177
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1130882 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8023.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1130883 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1453.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1130885 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4344.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	1130887

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    Very similar to the Spanish Mackerel we get here. They have some very speedy runs when you hook them and VERY razor sharp teeth! We usually use 20# 7 strand wire for bite tippet.They make great ceviche to!

• SierraBBQGuy
    replied
    Just a follow up, the smoked Sierra is fantastic, best smoked fish I’ve ever done. I guess really oily fish is the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    and your lines tight!

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Light tackle, too! Good man.

• wu7y
    commented on 's reply
    That is one of the best parts of life - standing in the middle of the stream, the only fisherman for miles up or down the river, casting not just to any trout but to a particular rainbow or brown.

• Troutman
    replied
    Specks, reds and flounder in the Texas bay system for this lad. I occasionally go off shore for red snapper and tarpon, but that’s rare these days.

Keep your tackle dry and your hooks wet đź‘Ť

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here