Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flounder Recipe Ideas Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flounder Recipe Ideas Needed

Good morning guys.

I have never cooked flounder in my life. I can't remember the last time I had flounder. But, the wife asked, so... I need a few ideas on how to prepare it. Smoked founder?

Thank you,

Daba's BBQ
    Last edited by Daba's BBQ; July 28, 2021, 08:33 AM.

I think it is most popular fried.

But there is also this:

Comment

Frying it is a great way to prepare it. It’s kinda well known here that I have an affinity for Louisiana Brand products. They make excellent fish fry mixes that comes in different profiles, a crispy style that has more cornmeal in it and also a breading style with more flour. If you fry the flounder I always fry my fish in fresh unused canola oil. I will also sprinkle my favorite Cajun Seasoning, Tony Chachere’s into the mix before coating the fish. If you can’t find these products at your local grocer or Walmart, they’re readily available online. They also make an excellent tarter sauce.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Panhead John; July 28, 2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Daba's BBQ
        Daba's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Love it! I'm heading out now to pick up this stuff and see how badly I can screw up my dinner

TY

Actually doing fish and chips this weekend. Have an opportunity to get some fresh flounder. I have not tried this recipe yet, however, I can tell you this guy has not let me down yet. https://www.notanothercookingshow.tv...fish-and-chips

Comment

• Daba's BBQ
        Daba's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        David - this recipe looks awesome - vodka and beer? Damn!

I've done this one before, came out great:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1906657

I think I saw it on an episode of his (Alton Brown) show. As I recall, the baking powder is a key ingredient for the texture of the batter.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here