Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Salmon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    I like what I read to but I hear "warning Will Robinson" in the back of my head……. and my BS meter is wiggling…..hope this pans out

• SheilaAnn
    replied
    I like what I read!

Leave a comment:

• Andrrr
    replied
    Looks good to me.

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    Well yes, I’m a top man, ate the tops first, then some salmon…. got half way through dinner before taking a pic. and, the salmon was very good! Was hoping some of you would read upon it and see what ya think!

• rickgregory
    replied
    Actually, that sounds great. Much better than pen raised salmon.

Leave a comment:

• SheilaAnn
    replied
    smokenoob I’ll admit, I scratched my head when I read the subject line and knew I had to bite (pun intended). How was it? Looks good! But your asparagus lost their tops 😜

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    Redwng yes! that’s where we like it to!

• Redwng
    replied
    Looks good from here! We usually do it until it hits about 130 internal.

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    started a topic Florida Salmon?

Florida Salmon?

Yes, you read that right and no, I have not been drinking, well, maybe a little bit. I was at Publix today and inquired at the seafood counter, "Do you still get wild caught salmon?", Bill the counter man said no, not in a long time, maybe a covid thing. I explained that Chilean salmon is maybe suspect and I wanted wild caught. He said we have this Florida salmon………took me a while to politely compose myself……..ok, please explain…..he said it’s farm raised in aquifer water with none of the usual farmed salmon undesirable stuff……ok, I’ll bite (I could hear a reel singing in my head…..)
    So he goes to the fridge and brings out this container of fresh Florida salmon and shows me one…..wrap it up, I’ll give it a try. Cooked it on rhe gas grill tonight bout 4 min flesh down and another 15 min skin side down at bout 400 degrees, just dusted with Paul Prudhomme‘s blackened redfish seasoning and some olive oil spray.
    It was awesome! Check it out and tell me if ya think I’m gonna live!
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here