Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I did not know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Johnston
    replied
    I must admit, I did not know this. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Bkhuna
    replied
    Scampi is not a shrimp. Scampi is a lobster. There is no such thing as shrimp scampi. Or chicken scampi, etc.

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    England was the same... though a Prawn Cocktail is NOT like a Shrimp Cocktail in the states... they serve with lettuce and a version of thousand island, not cocktail sauce

• BruceB
    replied
    Knew this! Been pointing it out to people for years. Don't like it when restaurants get it wrong on their menus.
    Last edited by BruceB; May 21, 2021, 02:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for the clarification.

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    They’re bigger than the short guys!

• Potkettleblack
    replied
    Noted that in Australia and New Zealand, it's all prawn, regardless. hehe.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    I prefer the little bay shrimp. Those sweet little morsels of goodness.
    The one thing I have never been able to figure out is the size of Jumbo-Shrimp.

Leave a comment:

• willxfmr
    replied
    Learned something new, so my day is complete. Lucky for me, I'm still on the clock for seven more hours.

Leave a comment:

• Dalmore
    replied
    So what then is the difference between prawns and crawdads?

Leave a comment:

• Jfrosty27
    replied
    I just learned something. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• au4stree
    replied
    Good stuff, thanks for sharing. Was at the coast 2 weeks ago and the royal reds were spectacular. It’s like eating "lobsta".

Oysters were good too, but that’s not what we’re talking about.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Things that make you go Hmmm....

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Jamie Foxx definitely knew the difference.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    started a topic I did not know...

I did not know...

...but I do now. The difference between shrimp and prawns that is. I thought it was just different names for the same critter.

No, shrimp are not just miniature prawns. They're completely different animals with completely different tastes.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here