Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I did not know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not know...

...but I do now. The difference between shrimp and prawns that is. I thought it was just different names for the same critter.

No, shrimp are not just miniature prawns. They're completely different animals with completely different tastes.

Jamie Foxx definitely knew the difference.

Comment

Things that make you go Hmmm....

Comment

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. Was at the coast 2 weeks ago and the royal reds were spectacular. It’s like eating "lobsta".

Oysters were good too, but that’s not what we’re talking about.

Comment

I just learned something. Thanks.

Comment

So what then is the difference between prawns and crawdads?

Comment

Learned something new, so my day is complete. Lucky for me, I'm still on the clock for seven more hours.

Comment

I prefer the little bay shrimp. Those sweet little morsels of goodness.
                The one thing I have never been able to figure out is the size of Jumbo-Shrimp.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They’re bigger than the short guys!

• bbqLuv
                  bbqLuv commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for the clarification.

Noted that in Australia and New Zealand, it's all prawn, regardless. hehe.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                  ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  England was the same... though a Prawn Cocktail is NOT like a Shrimp Cocktail in the states... they serve with lettuce and a version of thousand island, not cocktail sauce

Knew this! Been pointing it out to people for years. Don't like it when restaurants get it wrong on their menus.
                Last edited by BruceB; May 21, 2021, 02:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Scampi is not a shrimp. Scampi is a lobster. There is no such thing as shrimp scampi. Or chicken scampi, etc.

Comment

I must admit, I did not know this. Thanks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here