Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you cook fish in the same cooker you cook beef and pork in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No fish, no problem.

Comment

Fake news

Comment

Never had any "leftover" fishysmell in my wsm/kettle/gasser

Comment

Also, wouldn't that be true for the oven? Yea, no smoke but if you cook fish in the oven and the next day cook some beef/pork or whatever is the oven contaminated with smell of fish?
          No fish, no problem.

Comment

I’ve never had an issue cooking fish on any of my grills or smokers.

Comment

I must admit, I do get a little beefy hint in my fish

Comment

My cookers only have two words to say about the matter:

FEED ME! Fish, pork, veggie tables, beefusses, allygator, shrimp makes no differnce, taste no differnce.

Comment

• Bogy
                  Bogy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  FireMan It all tastes like chicken, right!

I have been grilling/smoking fish and everything else on all my cookers for 35 years and I don't taste any connection to previous cooks at all. The wife (with the bionic nose) doesn't taste or smell anything either. I have been living in FL for 22 years and we cook different types of fish and oysters very often. Even something oily like mackerel doesn't leave a trace after I smoke it. Now I do clean all my cookers regularly so that may be the key.

Comment

Been mostly grilling (and occasionally smoking) salmon and other fish for decades. Never a problem with carryover stinkyness or taste ...

Now, reusing oil that's been used for frying fish is another story. Back in my USAF days, there was a roach coach on base that did exactly that ... for everything including fish and BACON . Needless to say, their BLT's were always a little ... "different" ... 🤮 ...

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
                    Elton's BBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha.. yeah, that i belive.. 😆

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here