Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you cook fish in the same cooker you cook beef and pork in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ofelles
    replied
    I have not had a problem in my cookers.

Leave a comment:

• tstalafuse
    replied
    I do not cook them or allow them on my primary smoker. I am not a fan of fish in the first place (smell makes me sick), but my wife is a fan. So, I have separate dedicated smoker just for fish.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    I bought a Cookshack electric smoker years before finding AR. I don't remember if I was told or read it, but their recommendation was that if I smoke a lot of fish, I should have a dedicated fish smoker. I also can attest to the fact that you shouldn't cook a nice steak and salmon at the same time in the same cooker...
    Last edited by RonB; May 12, 2021, 02:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Once the grates are cleaned and the new fire has burned everything off, I honestly don’t see how anyone could taste or smell fish from a week ago. Me, if they did complain about it, "Hey, Popeye’s is right down the street".

• Bogy
    commented on 's reply
    I said in a thread that I had been using the same cookers for years and never have noticed it affecting the taste of anything else, and got the response, "Well I certainly notice and taste it!" OK, as I back away slowly!

• Panhead John
    replied
    Bogy I am thoroughly ashamed that I visited that other site. In my defense it was for research being conducted for the post I made. And I was really drunk. I only did it that one time, it meant nothing to me and I did not enjoy it at all. That other website can never compare to you guys here. I want y’all and no one else. Please let me back in and I promise to never do it again.
    Last edited by Panhead John; May 12, 2021, 02:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GolfGeezer
    replied
    Why, I even cook veggies in the same cooker! What cave dwellers we are!

Leave a comment:

• pkadare
    replied
    Is anyone saying how crazy it is not to cook fish in the same cooker as everything else?

Leave a comment:

• Bogy
    commented on 's reply
    Dr. Pepper you can always try. Let me know how that goes.

• Dr. Pepper
    replied
    Bogy I can just hear my wife's response when I tell her that I need to duplicate my grills.....for, you know....fish.

Leave a comment:

• pkadare
    replied
    I have also been doing this for years with no complaints.

Leave a comment:

• Do you cook fish in the same cooker you cook beef and pork in?

I'm not like @Panhead John, going to other BBQ sites, but I do belong to a couple of facebook groups that are for the brands of cookers I use. I've seen several times in the past week (and its probably been posted here at some time, but I'm lazy) that some people will not cook fish in the same grill/smoker in which they cook anything else. They don't want everything to smell like fish. Now I've been cooking/smoking fish in the same grills and smokers I cook everything else in for 50 years. I have never had anyone tell me they just couldn't stand to eat my pulled pork or brisket because they can taste the salmon I smoked last week. I don't claim to have the finest palate, but am I the only one who can't tell the difference, or are the rest of you keeping Kosher, with separate smokers for fish and beef? Or just refusing to cook fish. My wife didn't even complain on Mother's day when I cooked T-Bones, shrimp and scallops all at the same time on the same grill.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here