Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanns spices - custom rubs made for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vanns spices - custom rubs made for you

anyone with any experience with these guys? http://www.vannsspices.com/custom-blend.php i want to contract them to make some of my own rubs at large batches to have in my storage and to share with friends. figured it could be cheaper in the long run for me. Any thoughts?

If I had a large batch of one blend it would take half the fun out of BBQ for me.

Comment

really? I like the idea of just having a large batch of two or three of my rubs. I could use that as the base every time. And i could always add in an extra flavor to a small amount each time. I go through so much rub its expensive. Plus if i could say get 2-3 LBS made and sent to me in small bottles i could easily share with friends. Or other member here in vegas.

Comment

• boftx
        boftx commented
        Editing a comment
        Point taken.

I did look at some of the custom blend options out there a while back but the finances didn't look good enough for me to pursue it. at the time.

I'm hoping your thread will shed some new light on this for me.

Oh and while I'm not in Vegas, UPS knows how to find me if you need me to test that blend of yours.
      Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 12, 2014, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• boftx
        boftx commented
        Editing a comment
        He'll give it to you for free as long as you pay $19.95/oz shipping and handling charges.

But wait! He'll double your order for separate shipping and handling!

• jrobertson50
        jrobertson50 commented
        Editing a comment
        BUT wait theres more. my spices cure acne and warts. And in a pinch plug holes in radiators

Jon, what did the prices look like at the time? i have found one or two sites that look good. I figure i go through a couple bottles of spices a month. I am usually doing something on the smoker every sunday, so at minimum a bottle of paparika a week. I usually smoke a lot of food at a time when i do it. Enough for some friends and then left overs for the week. I would like to do at minimum my pork and my beef rubs. Maybe hold off on the poultry rub but who knows. I certainly wouldn't want to go into business making rubs, but I do like to share.

Comment

Found another that seems to cater to smaller orders. http://www.attarherbs.com/Custom_blends.php

Comment

That is cool. I thought about contacting the company that mixed up for the Pit Barrel folks. 10-12 briskets at a time was getting old fast.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here