Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pastrami Rub Spices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rickgregory
    replied
    I would never use whole versions of the spices in the rub. Nor would I use a powdery grind. I do coarse cracked pepper and coriander seed. 16 mesh, same basic grind as you'd use on brisket. I don't add mustard seed but if I did, same thing.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    started a topic Pastrami Rub Spices

Pastrami Rub Spices

Silly question here, but figured I might as well ask.

Just pulled a corned beef out of the deep freeze, to make my first ever pastrami, using Meathead's "Katz" pastrami recipe from the free side. The rub recipe calls for whole peppercorns, whole coriander, and whole mustard seed. I have the coriander and mustard both whole and powdered - but only ground black pepper.

The recipe notes say you can use only ground, but do I double the amount, since it calls for 2 Tbsp ground pepper and 2 Tbsp peppercorns, or just the 2 of ground? Or are you guys gonna tell me to get off my rear and go to the store for more spices for my already overflowing pantry?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here