Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kosmos Rubs or Sucklebuster Rubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kosmos Rubs or Sucklebuster Rubs

I have never tried either brand of these rubs and would appreciate your opinions on both. Texans seem to love Sucklebuster but that might be just in-state loyalty. Kosmos has many fans when I read different recipes, etc.

Would you please share your thoughts on each brand? Thanks!!

As soon as you put "something, anything" in your avatar pic. We know you’re either a famous TV actor or a CIA operative. So feel free to put an inanimate object there instead of your real pic. We’re really not liking that blank look on your face, as is. 😂

This would be perfect for you!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; January 2, 2021, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang look who woke up so poopie this morning

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      😂 Good natured ribbing sounds better.

• Clark
      Clark commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John Why do I need to have a photo when you always seem to have a large supply of them?.

I use Suckle busters Hogwaller for pork and Texas 1836 beef rub love the results of both of them.
    The only negative comment I would make is the salt content in each rub is very high.
    Never tried Kosmos rubs so cannot comment.

Comment

I’ve used Kosmos Q Honey Killer Bee on pork butts and baby backs and really liked it. I thought it was comparable to Meat Church Honey Hog, just slightly more savory. I’ve also used Kosmos Q Wing Dust and like it. It’s more of a finishing rub though. I tried dry brining with it and then cooking, and the flavor cooks out. Dusting after the cook tho - really good flavors if you like dry wings.

Comment

All I want to know is...who you callin’ a Sucklebuster there buster?

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          "who you callin’ a Sucklebuster there Pilgrim?" Fixed it for you.🙂

I started using kosmos dirty bird rub on my chicken wings, lots of good flavors with a little heat

Comment

I mainly use my own rubs, but from time to time, will buy some. I have their Dirty Bird and I really like it. My problem with a lot of rubs is the sodium content. I love to over rub, but if the salt is too high, there goes dinner. Fortunately, Kosmos isn't too overboard with it and their seasoning really stands out because of that.

Comment

I have found that Kosmos Q is my favorite line of rubs: Dirty Bird on anything, cow cover and texas beef on beef, honey killer bee, honey chipotle killer bee are awesome as well. I am tend to use all of these accept cow cover on any meat. I also use sucklebusters honey bbq rub on pork and chicken. However Kosmos is my go to.

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              So hey Dr J, just wondering if you can still dunk from the free throw line?

• au4stree
              au4stree commented
              Editing a comment
              Dr J might’ve started the free throw dunk. Air Jordan perfected it. He’s still the GOAT and LeBron can pound sand.

I am halfway thru some parmesan and garlic dust and its great. Even goes well with eggs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here