Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accidental Rub Collection, What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ComfortablyNumb
    replied
    Pass them on. Try out a rub, then give it to someone who wants to try it.

So, what do you have? ;-)

Leave a comment:

• scottranda
    replied
    Good points. I try to use as much as possible I’m given. So that means I look at the spices THEN ask what do I cook. I also toss the stuff I know I’ll never use.

Leave a comment:

• jhoskins
    started a topic Accidental Rub Collection, What to do?

Accidental Rub Collection, What to do?

It kills me to throw out perfectly good food or spices. I realize that many of the rubs that live in my pantry aren’t as essential as I thought they were (I can do better myself), or they are getting really old for ground spices, and my family continues to buy rubs as gifts (which is thoughtful but sometimes not ideal because I am getting more interested in making my own rubs).

we are talking old chili "seasoning", "pork rub", "chicken rub", "beef rub", coffee rubs, and more. You get the picture... do I just suck it up and delay my home developed rub experiments? Or is their a good way to put these rubs to use in a new way?

I know this is a good problem to have.. just wondering if there is a creative solution I am overlooking?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here