Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tone's Garlic Sriracha Seasoning Blend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tone's Garlic Sriracha Seasoning Blend

I recently bought at Sam's Club a container of Tone's brand Garlic Sriracha seasoning (29.5 oz for $7.95). So far I've used it as an addition to Memphis Dust and Huskee's rubs. I added one tablespoon to the basic recipes. At that amount it just makes a subtle change to the flavor. I wanted to be careful because this mix contains salt, along with sugar,garlic,maltodextrin,chili pepper,red pepper,citric acid,rice concentrate,paprika,vinegar, and natural flavors. I also made one of Tone's recipes for their Garlic Sriracha Dip. I thought it was very tasty. On their website they have several recipes using the Garlic Sriracha seasoning, including one for chicken. It looks like I'll be busy for quite a while finding new things to use this seasoning in.

oldsteve

Cool! I like buying Tone's spices from Sam's, great deal on the mondo jugs.

I used to add a Tbsp or two of Emeril's "Bayou Blast" to my rib rub, in fact it was in my otherwise-original recipe for it a few yrs ago. I cannot find it anymore so I just upped the chili pwd, cumin, and cayenne slightly to compensate. Adding it was what made me really lay the brown sugar on top to compensate for the spices. I have, since nixing the Emeril's, left the brown sugar since I really like how it compliments the whole ball of wax. I'll keep on the lookout for the garlic sriracha.

Comment

I almost bought it myself, how spicy is it?

Comment

• oldsteve
        oldsteve commented
        Editing a comment
        Everybody has their own idea of hot. To me it's a mellow warmth. Frank's Red Hot (mellow), Tabasco (hotter).

Are y'all talking about Tony Chachere's??

I found it. Never heard of Tone's, until now....

Comment

• _John_
        _John_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Tone's is pretty good quality in my experience, more regional i think

• oldsteve
        oldsteve commented
        Editing a comment
        According to their label, Tone's is distributed by ACH Food companies, Memphis, TN. I'm in California.

I was at Sam's Club again today. It looks like all the Weber branded rubs and spices are made by ACH Food Co., along with the Tone's line of products.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here