Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool gift today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool gift today

Click image for larger version

Name:	3F0EF44A-A654-4BB6-9FD1-B510C16EAE40.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	951854 I received this as a gift today in the mail it came from an old trading post in New Mexico http://www.potrerotradingpost.com/
    im not familiar with using stuff like this for cooking, any suggestions on what to make and how to use it would be awesome! I’m excited for some new flavors!
    ​
    Last edited by marshall; December 6, 2020, 06:30 PM.

No pics.

Comment

No problem, read, and almost follow directions.
      Gift of fun, adventure in cooking.

Comment

Looks like you have a few different varieties of chile powder and crushed chile. Can make salsa or chile con carne, carne adovada or posole, which is a soup with hominy and pork with red chile. Lots of good stuff there!

Chimayo is a beautiful village - I highly suggest you check out some photos if you can and even visit Chimayo, Santa Fe and Taos if you ever have the chance.

I’m happy to point you in a few directions with what you have, just message me and I can give you recipes or guidance.

Enjoy the goods!

Comment

• marshall
          marshall commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks so much!

• marshall
          marshall commented
          Editing a comment
          If you are willing to share a couple recipes with me I would greatly appreciate it! I plan on making chimayo red sauce this weekend and doing some kind of beef enchilada hopefully!
          Anything you recommend I would love to try!
          I looked up Santa fe and chimayo , would love to visit, looks wonderful. I'm hoping to get out west in the next year or 2 (never been that way to far) I'm an Indiana boy

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here