Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offer from FlatIron Pepper Co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offer from FlatIron Pepper Co.

Got an email; pasted below. I added their Dark and Smokey BBQ Rub.
    Hi Everyone!

First, the good news. We have a new blend that's really delicious! The less good news is that this new blend has been a HUGE pain in the rear for us to bottle....too bad it's delicious. The chile peppers in this blend have a much higher moisture content due to a traditional drying process that adds some oil and salt to the flakes. That combo completely overwhelmed one of our bottling lines and caused some major headaches. So, we've decided to only offer the bottles we were able to bottle to our current customer base! This product is not available for sale to the general public, and supply is VERY limited, so once we're out, we're out. Promotion details below, but we're offering a free bottle with any order over $10, using code "UCBIBER".

We named this blend "Uc Biber", which is Turkish for "Three Peppers". The blend features Aleppo, Maras, and Urfa Biber. These chiles are named for their growing regions in Turkey and Syria. The scoville heat rating is 10-15k, so very mild heat, but they each have a delicious, savory, and salty flavor that works very well in a variety of vegetable and protein centric dishes. We've been adding it as a rub to chicken kabobs, oven roasted veggies, eggs and peppers, and it has even worked well within a rub while smoking brisket. It also works really well within J. Kenji Lopez-Alt "Shakshuka" recipe, here's a link to his recipe, image of the dish is also below.

I ordered 3 bottles of Uc Biber for the price of two using that coupon code. The extra bottles will make nice stocking stuffers if I can part with them.

I was hoping to score a couple more grinder bottles, but they were out of stock.

Thanks, RichieB !

Kathryn
    Last edited by fzxdoc; November 2, 2020, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I have become a fan of the Flatiron Pepper Company. I recently ordered a 3 pack of dried peppers

I selected the Hatch Valley Green, Four Pepper Blend and Dark and Smoky.

The Hatch Valley Green has become our go-to dried pepper flakes for recipes that call for pepper flakes. Good heat but not too high (like 4 Pepper Blend) and great taste.

I even canned a batch of pickled green tomatoes - with fresh basil and a good dose of the Hatch Valley Green.
      Huge hit with my family.

Comment

Order placed for a 3 pack and Uc Biber...sounds delicious but I didn't notice the code ;-{

Comment

• RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd contact them. Explain you missed it. I can't imagine they would not honor it.

• JaySwen
          JaySwen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks but I'm ok with the purchase. I'm getting 4 bottles of spices that will last a good amount of time. If I like it, I'll be back either way!!!

• RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          You won't like it, you will love it. I just put Hatch Valley Green on a sweet potato.

FYI.. Just got an email the grinder is back in stock. Very short supply. Not expected to last through the day. I ordered a 2nd one. fzxdoc I know you wanted to grab some. Go getem'.

Comment

Thanks, RichieB . I popped in to their website and ordered 2 more grinders. I really appreciate the heads up!

K.

Comment

RichieB fzxdoc Is the bottle which comes with the grinder plastic or glass? For that matter, are the spice bottles the same material as the grinder bottle?

Comment

• stoews1979
              stoews1979 commented
              Editing a comment
              The bottle that comes with the grinder is glass. The spice bottles are plastic.

• Porkies
              Porkies commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, stoews1979 !

Just placed my order! I'm mysteriously very excited for the mouth on fire blend.

Comment

Yep. The grinder is sold out again. Dang it.

Comment

cgrover60 They mentioned in the email they wouldn't last. They did say expect more to arrive but not likely before the holidays. You might want to reach out to them and see if you can get on a list to be notified. As an existing customer, I do get the notifications. I certainly will let all know ASAP when I get the notice they're back in.

Comment

• cgrover60
                  cgrover60 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the heads up RichieB.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here