Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's spices are great and a good buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had very good experiences using Spices Inc. Lots of packaging sizes and fast turnover. There's a lot of paprika in MMD... :-}

Comment

I've been using spicesinc.com for a long while without any issues.

Comment

The Spice House. Their Back of the Yard is pretty good. Some of the others are too salty for my taste though. I am slowly using up what I have in the pantry, and after that I think I am going to use my own (meaning what I find on this site) blends plus Lawry’s Chicken and Poultry, Montreal Steak and Black Ops brisket rub.

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          Oakridge BBQ makes some good rubs, you just have to be careful with several not to cook too hot with the sugar. I use several of theirs and always forget they sell bulk spices too. They have great ancho chili powder.

We are still liking the Cooksjack rubs.
        The chicken runs are especially good.
        We used their chil mix las night and it was very good.

Comment

• Red Man
          Red Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Personally I’m not a fan of the chicken runs 😂

• Cheef
          Cheef commented
          Editing a comment
          Fat fingers small phone!

We have a local Savory Spice, nice to be able to walk in and talk with them and get ideas.

Comment

Whether one agrees with the stance or not, agreeing to be subject to screed ranting should not be part of a purely commercial bargain.

Comment

Just read an interesting newspaper article concerning many of the companies mentioned above. Each has seen remarkable growth in their consumer sales and have not had many problems with sourcing spices, but, the consumer sized spice containers and shakers they package in are becoming scare and hard to get.

Comment

• Willy
              Willy commented
              Editing a comment
              I read that, or a similar, article as well. Consumer sized packaging vs. restaurant sized packaging. A decline in restaurant demand and a boom in consumer demand--kinda like the TP and flour issues earlier in the year. Spices--the new TP.

• tiewunon
              tiewunon commented
              Editing a comment
              Donw I ran into a very simular issue regarding a container sourcing problem. Mine was concerning a BBQ Sauce "Hoboken Eddies", his sauces are so good I would hook myself up to a sauce IV if I could. He ran into an issue sourcing his bottles ( small whiskey) and plastic caps. He stopped producing when all sold out. He just starting producing again. His website shows product availability but not all offerings.

Costco for the basics. A local spice shop for harder to find ingredients.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here