Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maldon Sea Salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maldon Sea Salt

I love this stuff!! But $8 for an 8 ounce box is kind of expensive even if you are just using it as a finishing salt. Well enter 3.1 lbs tub for $27, Should last me a lifetime.....That's a lot of tasty crunch....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Maldon.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	926089

Yessire Ernest Maldon salt is highly recomended.. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_128220.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	926091
    Last edited by Elton's BBQ; October 19, 2020, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• Polarbear777
      Polarbear777 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. Love the smoked version.

I have that tub also. Maldon is great for making flavored salt. Try pulsing some in a coffee grinder with things like crispy bacon, dried mushrooms or coffee. They all taste great on a steak.

Comment

Did you raid dry storage again! Good buy!

love that stuff. Murray is good too.

Try that on a compressed watermelon with herbs. Yum! Or other melon.

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Compressed watermelon with herbs? What am I missing? Just squish some, what, thyme, into a watermelon slice, add salt, and enjoy? That ought to take the country out of this girl for a while.

I loooove salt on any melon.

K.

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        fzxdoc Ahhhh.. the "food" magic we could have made had that country girl been closer to the city. "Compressed" is a fancy word for vac sealed. Example... add liquid we use "Ver Jus" Rouge or whatever is red in French. Add to vac seal bag with large pieces of watermelon. Let it hang out for a while. Then chunk and eat. We served it (likely with millions of others) with heirloom tomatoes, burrata, herb oil, fresh basil/mint and I added sea salt.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds delicious, HouseHomey . I'm going to try it.

K.

ETA: Guess I've got to source some verjus rouge first, though. Hmmm.
        Last edited by fzxdoc; October 20, 2020, 06:11 AM.

I keep a box on my kitchen counter..

Comment

Interesting. Never seen this before. So do you use it as a finishing salt on steaks and what not?

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee I do love me some terrible spelling!! Lmao!

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee at least we now know what he types the most hahahahaha

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Whoops, good thing I was not flagged on that one, eh?

Spinaker yes it is a finishing salt.

Here is a two minute commercial on it.

And yes In my opinion it is much better than just standard sea salt.

Comment

ssandy_561 Okay......after watching that, now I need to get some! Thanks,

Comment

• ssandy_561
            ssandy_561 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great commercial huh.

An old man, rolling countrysides, weathered hands and the voice.

They could have been selling anything and it would have made you buy it.

😆

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL, Exactly! ssandy_561

I ran out and bought some! Is there some kind of pepper I’m missing?😁
          Last edited by Mojo0209; October 19, 2020, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• mnavarre
            mnavarre commented
            Editing a comment
            I keep my grinder full of Tellicherry peppercorns they're more fragrant and spicier than the standard grocery store stuff.

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            God... yes!! I use tons of it. Great stuff!

Mojo0209 do you use the rainbow pepper medley? It has 4 peppercorns plus allspice berries

Comment

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            HouseHomey I get my peppercorns from the bulk section of my grocery store and mix at home. I add grains of paradise to my mix.
            I think I spend too much time in the kitchen....

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            What are "Grains of Paradise?" Wow, what store has loose spices? Is it an "ethnic" (don’t know what else to call it) store?

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            HouseHomey it's a Texas based supermarket under H.E.B. called Central Market.
            Grains of paradise is like black pepper with lemony notes.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here