Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Payne County Rust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payne County Rust

I'm sure a ton of you all have used Payne County Rust. I picked some up for the first time a few days ago and love it on grilled pork chops and chicken. Has anyone used it on pork butt? I'm thinking about adding some stevia to it to add a little sweetness for smoking pork butt. My wife has some strict diet rules for a health condition and can't have sugar or artificial sweeteners.

Anyone else have some good pointers for me? It knocks out a lot of products that I can readily get at the store.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

You can always make your own and substitute for the sugar content. I use a lot of Meatheads MMD on pork.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...ust-rub-recipe

Never tried the Payne County Rust though. I'll put it on the list.

Comment

• jpietrantone
      jpietrantone commented
      Editing a comment
      klflowers thanks for the link! I'll have to try it.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree with klflowers many on this site can’t eat salt for health reasons so eliminate salt in rubs they buy or make.
      IMHO artificial sweeteners are worse than the sugar they replace
      Just eliminate sugar from the rub you buy or make

i do love the payne county rust. But like yourself ive only used it on chicken and pork chops...just havent cooked a butt in a while. Im sure it would be good though. Can she do monkfruit sweetener if any kind of sugar is out ie coconut sugar? Ive found monkfruit to be a little closer to not so aggressive tasting as stevia.

Comment

• jpietrantone
      jpietrantone commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, monkfruit is allowed as well. Thanks for the suggestion!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here