Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gluten-Free Injection Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gluten-Free Injection Ideas?

Having some friends over tomorrow. I plan to cook some Chuckies, and I really like to inject them to make sure they're good and moist. Turns out one of these friends has celiac disiease and absolutely cannot have anything that is contaminated with gluten. After a bit of research, I discovered that Better Than Bouillon (my go-to injection) will not certify that it is gluten free. I found out that simple bouillon cubes are not gluten free either. Any ideas on what I can use?

Swanson’s brand is GF, this is what I buy, as my wife and I are GF (me by choice, her by necessity). It comes in cans and in a box. Both Beef and chicken is good.

I wish the beef Better than Boulion was GF, the Chicken BtB is and it’s really good!

hope that helps.

Comment

100% butter is gluten free

Comment

I've never tried it myself, but I'd start with a gluten-free beef broth (like Swanson) and season it with gluten-free herbs, spices, salt, etc. until you like it. Alternatively make your own stock or broth from scratch.

Comment

• rickgregory
          rickgregory commented
          Editing a comment
          " gluten-free herbs,..."

(confusedface)

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          rickgregory - If it will make you happier and help relax that (confusedface), I'll gladly change "gluten-free herbs, spices, salt, etc." to "gluten-free seasoning and flavoring stuff".

All better now ... ...

• rickgregory
          rickgregory commented
          Editing a comment
          That was a light hearted way of pointing out that herb, salt and spices are inherently GF. It's like saying "add GF water..."

Instead of injecting, you could marinade with GF soy sauce, red wine, and ginger

Comment

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          But injecting versus marinating is a huge difference.

Wow. Great suggestions, barelfly and MBMorgan . Thanks. I didn't know Swanson's was GF, nor did I know BtB Chicken is GF. Sounds like a quick trip to the store and problem solved. BTW, BFlynn butter sounds best. I may have to try that one as well...

Comment

That's strange. They used to be gluten free. I always use Better than Bouillion because my son is celiac...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here