Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kosmos Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kosmos Q

So I've just placed an order for some Kosmos Q products for the first time:
    • Reserve Blend Brisket Injection
    • Moisture Magic
    • Texas Beef Rub
    • Cow Cover HOT Rub
    • SPG Rub
    • Competition Brisket Mop
    Can't wait to try these as I'm looking to take my brisket to the next level and the briskets I've seen Kosmos cook on his videos look to be the next level. Pretty reasonable shipping to Canada at $28 USD though I was a bit disheartened to see they use UPS. I don't mind UPS within Canada but they tend to tack on handling fees for things coming from the US. Will have to wait and see.

Curious as to how those of you who have used or do use his injections feel about them.

Interested to hear your opinion. I have watched his videos but that is about it. Keep us posted.

Comment

I have never used his brisket products but his wing dust is out of this world good!

Comment

• FishTalesNC
        FishTalesNC commented
        Editing a comment
        I've read so many good things about their Wing Dust, and we do wings a LOT, usually in a traditional Buffalo style. I noticed their Wing Dust is $4 off right now, so placed an order last night for their Nashville Hot, Chili Lime and Salt & Vinegar. Excited to try them soon.

Haven’t used the beef product but the Hot Dirty Bird rub is outstanding! Especially used on wings. Enjoy the experimenting!

Comment

I like his injections, but never used his seasonings. I would like to try the Dirty Bird one. As far as injections his one for pork is my go to. His brisket one is good but I like Butchers the best.

Comment

• rtfrost88
          rtfrost88 commented
          Editing a comment
          When you inject with Butchers, do you also dry brine or put a rub on with salt?

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          rtfrost88 To clarify, if it’s a prime or American Wagyu brisket, I’m less inclined to inject. But to answer you’re question, I always dry brine and season regardless of whether I inject or not. One does not preclude the other.

I’ve tried his Dirty Bird hot, SPG and Honey Chipotle Killer Bee. They all were a hit, tried them on wings, ribs and SPG on a pork butt. The Dirty Bird Hot does well on chicken, as the name implies. I’ve gotten where I prefer to do my own SPG, I likely won’t buy his again.

Interested how your stuff works.

Comment

I ordered a $25 package of the brisket injection mix and discovered that it contained corn syrup, something my wife is allergic to. Still sealed. Would love to give it away to anyone in local San Diego area.

Comment

Never seen a video of him. I thought that was just a brand name.

A lot of nice things said so.... gonna look it up. Thanks for this. The pit has never steered me wrong on seasonings.

Comment

• barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              You like chicken, you’ll like the hot dirty bird!

I like his SPG and Dirty Bird. Think I like Malcom Reed's AP rub better than Kosmos SPG, however, I have a friend who sells the Kosmos stuff so I buy from him and use the two of them.

Sweaty

Comment

I have never heard of these rubs and brines before so this is good information, so far I have been happy with the products from this web site. I see that there is a store specializing in rubs in London that I will check out, it is called the The Rub Shack, on a side note all of these rubs seem expensive to me?

Comment

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                @ Argoboy Is that the place that's on Kijiji all the time, shilling wood chips/chunks and rubs.
                They do seen expensive compared to other places I use, they want $14 for a bag of chunks
                I usually pay $9ish
                If a rub strikes my interest I'll pay otherwise I make my own.
                Found the place on Kijiji, Crazy Carnivores BBQ Supply, stores in London and Ayr that I see listed may be more.
                Last edited by smokin fool; July 12, 2020, 08:12 AM.

I have become a Huge Kosmos Q fan. I think his combination of Texas Beef & Cow Cover are one of the best rubs for beef, any kind of beef (If not using just Kosher Salt & Pepper)! I would also alert you they are available at your local Ace Hardware. Great products!

Comment

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                No Ace is the place this side of the 49th.

• pkadare
                pkadare commented
                Editing a comment
                My "local" Ace would be across the border that is currently closed. :-)

The Honey Killer Bee on Ribs and Butt is pretty damn good...trying the SPG on Shirt Ribs this morning.

Comment

Been looking at his website. I'm a little confused with the injections versus the moisture magic. Is it that the injections give flavor while the Moisture Magic retains moisture? I only ask because the injections say "moisture-retaining components."

Comment

I have tried a couple (dirty bird and killer bee honey) and came away unimpressed, especially for the $12.95 I paid for each bottle at my local BBQ store last summer. Hopefully your results turnout better than mine. However, I have been tempted to buy a pouch or two of the wing dust.

Comment

• ColonialDawg
                    ColonialDawg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agree

This weekend's project. An 8.9 kg (19.66 lbs) AAA brisket. I doubt that I'll order Kosmos Q directly from them again, at least unless they stop using UPS. In addition to the duty, which I don't mind paying, UPS tacked on a $56 USD brokerage charge!

Click image for larger version

Name:	kosmosqbrisket.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	884638

Comment

• Craigar
                    Craigar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    $56? Damn, that's another prime brisket from Costco in my 'hood. Good luck! I hope you enjoy the seasonings! Oh, and of course the brisket.

• pkadare
                    pkadare commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Craigar - yeah, I really try to avoid ordering from US companies that ship via UPS up here. FedEx doesn't do this, nor does the good old USPS.

• Argoboy
                    Argoboy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There are a few things I would Iike to buy from the US but I have not due to shippings/duty/brokerage fees.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here