Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have a problem????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if you have a problem, then I have the same problem. I also have a large list of blends/rubs that I would like to add to my collection.

Comment

The only problem I see is you had the time to inventory!!! I have multiple containers of most things cause I dont know what I have at any given time

Comment

LOL I didn’t even have to open the topic to know the answer.

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          It takes one to know one, Mosca ! ;-D

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          You are exactly right.

This is just in one of your houses. Correct?

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Correct. This does not include what's in the vacation home. Although, that is mostly duplicates of what I have here, not including the bulk whole Indian spices, which I never seem to use down there.

Hmmmm, I have kosher salt, table salt and pepper.

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          So, you've started down the rabbit hole! It's all hopeless for you now!!!

Seems to me the problem is the perfect spice "rack" or other type of spice storage/retrieval unit has not been invented/thunk up yet. If you can find what you need when you need it the duplicate problem is solved (maybe). The answer may be in technology. If you scan in and retain in a separate "spreadsheet" the label thingamabob that tells what everything is into a vending machine like storage unit and then re-scan the retained thingamabob that tells the vending like machine to retrieve that spice container? Heck the vending machine like thing could even be temperature and humidity controlled. Of course the cost would be thousands of dollars but that's OK for those with "I must have it syndrome" (as in Apple owners :-) ) I plan to retire in a year so maybe I'll get right on this :-) Probably should Google this first as it may already exist !

Last, that is one heck of a collection of spices Dewesq55

Comment

People still use Quattro Pro? Hmmmpf, who’da think it? Just kidding, impressive inventory you got....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here