Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FODMAP friendly rub recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FODMAP friendly rub recipes

My wife has been diagnosed with IBS and is trying to move to a low FODMAP diet. There is a whole list of things that cause issues, but for the purposes of this, it's no onions or garlic. I'm having trouble finding some good rub recipes that don't have either. Any suggestions?

I'd just make the recipe that sounds best to you for whatever you're cooking and leave that out. Most rub recipes have always struck me as overly complex anyway. By time you have a few strong spices and then smoke the meat, you're not going to miss minor ingredients.

Comment

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, leaving out 1 or 2 ingredients isn't going to matter that much especially if health is a concern.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      What they said.

We went through the same thing a while back. As I recall, low FODMAP also means low amounts of saturated fats like those in most stuff we slow cook. I ended up grilling a lot of chicken breasts for her with salt and simple seasonings. A lot of quick-cooking meats don't need the same rubs with garlic and onion and can be very tasty if prepared simply. I never came across a good BBQ sauce recipe for FODMAP though, so she'll have to hold the sauce.

Comment

Nothing wrong with just some salt and pepper on most meats. Add in some paprika or cayenne for some heat and color. Ground dried spices like celery seed, cumin, coriander, rosemary, etc. all bring some good flavor to the party too.

Like others have said, find a recipe you think looks good, leave out the onion and garlic, and tweak from there.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here