Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a different online bbq rub/sauce site to try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a different online bbq rub/sauce site to try

For my last several cooks, I've been using Oakridge rubs, which are fantastic, but looking to try something new. Any recs? If they also have a good BBQ sauce, would love to give that a try, too. Although Meathead KC bbq sauce is tough to beat. This would be for ribs, pulled pork, chuckies and brisket. I've been using Oakridge Competition Beef & Pork rub for pork and Black Ops Brisket rub for low and slow beef. And also their carne crosta for ribeyes finished on the grill. Those are all excellent if you haven't tried them.

Thanks!

I’d recommend Sweet Swine o’ Mine. You can order a ton of stuff from them but they are a competitive BBQ team and make their own runs and sauces too. Lots of interesting picks to consider in one place!

Sweet Rub O' Mine is perfectly balanced for BBQ meats.  We have found the right combination of 19 different spices that just works.  First place all purpose rub at the National BBQ Association Awards of Excellence and 6 BBQ World Championships just back it up.     This 12.5 oz. size is ideal when having extra friends

Comment

• Smoking77
      Smoking77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, great site! Thanks!

Great on the grill or in the kitchen: you can cook with it because it’s real sauce made from fresh pureed vegetables!

Comment

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      Please baby, Please baby, Please baby, PLEASE! Forbes Magazine writes, "Instead of mass market supermarket brands full of processed ingredients, consider standout Black Swan Gourmet BBQ Sauce….definitely a step up "

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      My next order Max Good

• Smoking77
      Smoking77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Done and done Max Good! Looking forward to trying your stuff!

You mention sauce, I recently tried Blues Hog sauces, the original and the Tennessee Red. Wonderful sauces, although the red is what I personally like.

Meat Church rubs I have given a go with and liked. Holy Cow and another one I forget the name of offhand, I think it’s called The Gospel - but they were good - not as good as Oak Ridge in my opinion though. You named all three of my favorite rubs by Oak Ridge.

Although you didn’t mentioned Smokey Chile lime by Oak Ridge for chicken. Give it a try, it’s really good.

And...really, last one - Kosmo’s Hot Dirty Bird rub.

I do have my own mixes though as well, a hand full from Meathead’s book and a few others I’ve picked up in reading.

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      You pretty much nailed my thinking on alternatives! I wonder what else will show up here.

• Smoking77
      Smoking77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks barelfly! Haven't tried Oakridge's Smokey Chile lime yet. Will go for it next time. I have a small bag of their Jamaican jerk for chicken. Very spicy. Very good. I've heard of Kosmo's and Meat Church, so I'll give those a try. Thanks again for the recs!

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      I've now dabbled with all the Blues Hog offerings and I like them all in different ways, but I think they are meant for competition. They stand out, but it's a bit much if you do more than a glaze. Mixing them together or cutting them with other liquids or sauces though makes them MAGIC. Great stuff!

I am going to give you this site. It is my favorite when I want to try something new and different. Some are from well known BBQ teams others not so much. Every once in a while I will go through and pick one totally off the wall and really like it. https://www.thebbqsuperstore.com/BBQ_Sauces_s/1513.htm

Comment

• Smoking77
      Smoking77 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is great mountainsmoker! I'll be looking at this site all weekend. Thanks!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember that site, hadn't run across that in a long time. Thanks for posting it.

Malcolm Reed howtobbqright.com and of course Black Swan

Comment

• Smoking77
      Smoking77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

• Ricardo
      Ricardo commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 HowToBBQRight.com

Meat Church BBQ from Matt Pittman - Waxahachie Texas
    The best tasting BBQ rub and BBQ seasoning online!

Comment

• Smoking77
      Smoking77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

I recently discovered the Bearded Butchers Original Seasoning. It's salty. https://beardedbutchers.com/

Comment

• Smoking77
      Smoking77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting. I've never heard of them. Thanks!

I've found a few online places up here in Canada but shipping charges make buying a moot point.
    Be cheaper to hop in the car and go pick the stuff up and even that's hard to do with the Covid crap going on.

Comment

• Smoking77
      Smoking77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe texastweeter will send you some of his, free of charge!

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Smoking77 It seems I'm like texastweeter I make my own too but its always great to find/try other rubs.
      My go to BBQ store closed down, it was 10 mins away and had a fantastic selection of rubs. Get this Covid crap over with so other places open again.

Not much help here. All mine are home made with the exception of old bay, Cavanders, and cheap lemon pepper.

Comment

Meat Church and Killer Hogs are my go tos...

Comment

For chuckies and brisket I like the Spice House Back of the Yard. Also Blues Hog TN Red BBQ sauce, although you are right, Meatheads KC sauce is pretty darn good. Just tried Max Good's sampler pack, and while all 3 are excellent, we really like the Beso del Fuego - the heat in it is right on!!!

Comment

• Smoking77
          Smoking77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the recs!

If you want a new hot sauce try the selection for Big Daddys Ass Burn

Theyre my neighbors - live a block a way or so. They're the weird neighbors with the bikes in trees and lots of yard art. But the sauce is pretty good

Comment

Killer Hoggs BBQ Rub is what I use on ribs and pork butts. I like Blues Hogs sauces (the Raspberry Chipotle is awesome).
          I love Oak Ridge BBQ Black Ops but since trying just plain old salt and pepper on my briskets, I’m hard pressed to use anything else now. No sauce on my beef.
          For whole chicken, just salt and pepper and good old white sauce is the ticket for me.
          For chicken wings, my family likes Sweetwater Spice Tres Chiles Fajita Bath followed by a generous shake of Cattlemen’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning, and then tossed in Plowboy’s Hothead BBQ Sauce (this recipe comes from All Things BBQ and it is delicious).

Comment

• Smoking77
            Smoking77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

Thanks for all the recs, everyone! Here they are. Should last me a week or two

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sauce.jpeg
Views:	377
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	860691

Comment

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            Brings a tear to my eye.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here