Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fleur de sel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fleur de sel

Any recommendations on Fleur de sel? I had quite a lot of the Penzy's stuff and it is running out. Anyone have any preferences? I'd certainly appreciate any input you all could provide.

Thanks in advance,

Sweaty Paul

What exactly are you asking for? There are a lot of great finishing salts out there. My go to for general salting is Kosher, but do enjoy a nice finishing salt on the table or over meat before it goes to the table.

Comment

I scored some black truffle Fleur de sel that I use as a finishing salt, on pop corn and eggs. Great stuff but way too expensive.
      I also have some that was smoked with chardonnay barrels, goodness gracious!!

Comment

abscam,

It is a finishing salt. Only use it on the table never for actual cooking. Penzy's quit selling theirs at my last check and wondered what others might recommend.

Thanks again,
        Sweaty Paul

Comment

We have an upscale supermarket called Central Market that sales all kinds of salts in bulk.

Comment

Murray River is my favorite finishing salt. Snagged a 10# bag years ago when it was below $100.

I am also a big fan of Real Salt, which is mined in Utah. I use regular grind and Kosher grind. It's available on Amazon -- use the Amazing Ribs link! Nice bath products which are good for Mothers Day...
            Last edited by CandySueQ; April 29, 2015, 11:45 AM. Reason: bad link...

Comment

• Dr ROK
              Dr ROK commented
              Editing a comment
              I love Murray River salt!

Late to the party but try this site. I still like Penzey's better but they're pretty close.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here