Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used Sasquatch rubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used Sasquatch rubs?

Was looking at this and wondering if anyone had tried it? Or the others in the series for that matter.

MOSS gets you “covered” and smothered with a powerful arrangement of oregano, basil, thyme, garlic, and other high-quality spices.

I haven't, but looking at the website I see they are local to me in Spokane, WA.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      JoeSousa I didn't see a physical address on their site. I saw they are in the 509 and they mentioned a "Spokane warehouse". Do they have a storefront or mail order only?

• JoeSousa
      JoeSousa commented
      Editing a comment
      ComfortablyNumb They do have a storefront. 715 E. Sprague. There is an option when ordering online to pick up at their warehouse. Not 100% sure if you can just show up and buy stuff or if you have to order ahead of time.

And it is only a few blocks away from Sonnenberg's which is convenient.

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      JoeSousa Hmmm, spices and Sonnenberg's, sounds like a win-win!!

I have looked at that Moss rub before and it would seem to me that it would burn since it is so coarse. But they guy they are collaborating with on this rub does a bunch of open fire cooking so maybe not?

The Derek Wolf rubs they sell (particularly the Nashville Hot) are very good. I have tried some of Spiceloogy's other combos like Black & Blue, Thai Peanut, and Honey Habanero and they are good as well. They supply spices for many of the local restaurants here and the restaurant business accounts for most of the company's overall sales.

Comment

• parkerj2
      parkerj2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Spiceology is the jam

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      Well i guess we will find out if it burns. Ordered some along with expresso chile and raspberry chipotle

Let us know what you think after you try it!

Comment

So i can say the following:

1. the expresso chile rub kicks butt on red meat. It smells like italian coffee in the jar. Cant say i got much coffee taste on the meat when cooked but it was a delicious flavor profile.

2. used the moss on sprouts and cauliflower roasted in the oven at 450 degrees. Very flavorful, a little heavy on the garlic for me but not enough to stop me from using it again. Im going to smoke a chuckie during the games tonight and i will hit it with moss and report back.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here